Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm Very Pleased & Scared To Be Here

So am I pretty much the last American citizen to finally watch and fall a little bit in love withFor the most part I'm highly susceptible to any advertising that's flashy, sparkly, or pretty. Show me a beautiful display of something and I'm pretty inclined to buy it. But every now and then this very tendency does a complete reverse on certain products/books/movies. When I first heard this movie was coming out it seemed like a lot of fun and I was all for it, but it just seemed like there was a complete and total advertising firestorm! Any time you turned on the television you'd see at least three commercials for it. You couldn't open a magazine without at least one full, glossy page extolling all of the movies virtues. My enthusiasm began to wane, and when it was so wildly popular it waned a little more. I don't know why.
Well the other day I decided it was finally time and I brought it home from the library. How could I have been withholding this from myself? I thought it was so adorable and so much fun! LaRue and Matilda would wander in throughout the viewing and would dance along because you know you can't stop the beat! Not to mention it has the irrepressible Christopher Walken! I'm so ashamed to have waited so long because we so definitely enjoyed it.
Next item on the list that I'm going into with the exact same pre-viewing feelings as Hairspray

1 comment:

Campbell said...

Lisa making a pot roast is so easy if you have a crock pot, you just throw everything in the crockpot with some water and five or six hours later it is all done a complete meal! I love your blog!