Monday, June 9, 2008

A Little Alike


For Mothers & Fathers Day this year my siblings and I all went in together on a digital picture frame and we sent pictures to my sister Julie for her to put in (on?) it. So the other day I was looking through this folder of pictures that I had scanned into the computer for it from the pre-digital camera era (which for us ended just after Matilda was born). It was kind of trippy to click through it one right after the next because it's such a mix of me as a little girl, Jordan as a little boy, my siblings and myself when we were really young and all kool-aid mustachey, highschool, newly married, elementary school, friends, LaRue as a tiny baby. A pretty thorough "Lisa Newby this is your life" type of presentation. It was really sweet actually, lots of love, good times and bad clothes and hair.
LaRue was sitting with me while we were looking and on a few of the pictures that came up of me as a little girl LaRue would say "It's Tillie!" And a couple of them did look pretty similar. I was a pretty cute little kid (what happened?), and Matilda is an exquisite little girl. She is such a smarty too, she has so many words now, she'll say hot when she knows something is hot, if you ask her what a kitty says she'll say "ow". She LOVES to stand at the bottom of the stairs and yell up for her grandma and grandpa, she says bye and if you say I love you she'll blow you a kiss. Mostly she's sugar and spice and everything nice...mostly.

1 comment:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Gee, what can I say. Wow! What beautiful children! You two do look like you could be twins!
You were always so cute and smiley!Today, you are a 'beautiful woman!'
I was looking through a lot of pictures recently and you always had that 'smiley face' in all your children pictures! Tillie's so much like you! :o)
Love ya!
Mom :o)