Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

This is a picture that I took back in January right after Jordan started school and disappeared from our life here at home, and it really captures the way that I am feeling right now. School is out for the summer and Jordan can finally be with us again! I am soooo happy, it's not even an excited happy, it's way beyond that, it's a deep, calming happy. Which incidentally, is exactly the type of happy I've desperately been needing.
Sigh. This means that summer is finally here and can I just tell you how much I have been LOVING the weather so far? I think we've had a total of four sunny days, yippeee! Now that is an excited happy. Most of you know that I prefer rainy and deliciously gloomy weather to oppressive, strangling, crippling hot weather, yuck! Give me enough sunny days to go swimming once, have one good barbecue, and maybe one more for a beautiful day at the park and I'm out, give me back my cloud cover. So as every other Oregonian whines and moans about having March weather in June, I grin to myself and inside I do the most embarrassing Snoopy-ish happy revelry dance in celebration. Here's hoping it holds out.
Moving on to summer plans:
Gut every room in this place and ruthlessly cut out what we don't need and won't use (uh-oh, even as I type this, in my head I am thinking 'but nothing really fits that category'. This is going to be tough.
EXERCISE!!!
Get out of the house and do fun things as a family because come September the door on that opportunity will slam shut.
*I am going to need some help on that last one guys. Thinking of things to do, fun things to do, things I have to leave the house to do, is not my strong point. PLEASE share your summer plans, your summer outings, your summer must-dos with me, my girls depend on your help here!
Other than that I'm going to relax, enjoy having Jordan around and look forward to my brothers weddings and getting to see my wonderful family!

1 comment:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Hi! :o)
Most theaters have two days where you can take your kids to morning shows for free! Check your local theaters. Good luck on the down sizing! Have fun with those girls!
Love ya!
Mom :o)