Today I headed over to West Linn to check out the Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe. I'm in love! It's such a beautiful, darling store that is filled to the brim with gorgeous, beautiful fabric in every single color you could possibly love. Sigh... I loves me some JoAnns and Michaels, don't get me wrong, but the fabric here is just on another plane of wonderful, fabric-ey goodness. I don't really have quilting aspirations at this point, though I do have big plans to make a quilt out of my childrens baby clothes. But that's for later when I'm done having babies and the babies are done being babies. Lack of quilters ambition aside I can totally appreciate the beautiful and amazing work that quilters do. They had some mind blowing quilts on display at the store, and I read a few blogs belonging to amazing quilters, they are such artists and engineers.As for the projects that I have floating around in my head, I'm so sad that I don't have thousands of dollars at my disposal to buy up all the yardage that caught my fancy. But for now at least I know where to go to find the fabric I'll be needing, if only one yard at a time.
2 comments:
Hmmm. It seems like you had a lot of 'eye candy' at that neat little shop! Guess you'll have to take me there when we come next week! I'll be bring my sewing machine with me too! That put your grumpies to rest. :o)
Love ya!
Mom :o)
I love the sponge balls we made those once and the kids loved them. As for the running GO LISA!! I love running I can't wait to do another half marathon after this baby to shed the pounds. It is so peaceful to be able to go as you please, but my knees are not in agreeance with me. That shop sounds super cool it is hard to find really cool fabric that you just love and why not 1 yard at a time. Like a little fabric savings account!
Post a Comment