Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley!

Yesterday Jordan the girls and I walked down to the Carnegie Center to catch a ride on the Oregon City Trolley, although now that I think about it, I don't think it clanged even once! The trolley takes you for about a twenty minute ride past some historical Oregon City sights.
Here we are in front of the McLoughlin House.
And of course what tour of the OC would be complete without stopping at the covered wagons?
LaRue and Matilda seemed to enjoy themselves, though Matilda spent most of the ride trying to climb out of the window, which meant that I spent most of the ride henpecking Jordan about keeping an insanely tight hold on her.
It was a fun little ride and something to get us all out of the house together, a major goal of ours this summer. Which reminds me that I wanted to thank everybody for their go-to summer fun ideas, I've got so much to work with and don't know how I'll fit it all in... that would be sarcasm by the way. Although mom I really do thank you for your idea, we'll definitely be hitting up those movies every now and then. So since nobody chimed in to help me I scoured my favorite blogs for fun ideas and feel like we've got a pretty respectable list and will enjoy a pretty fun summer, and I'm sure I'll be sharing all about it here so stay tuned. Also in my efforts to become a funner mom within the last week I've let LaRue paint and play with play-doh and taken her bike riding three times. I'm sure those sound like ridiculous no brainers to you and you're right, but that's what I am, a ridiculous no-brainer especially when it comes to fun ideas and kid activities, but I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Hurray for Lisa! :o) I do believe you are getting 'braver!' Bravo! Of course you are a wonderful and caring mother. Sometimes a little overboard on paranoia but that's just because you care about the safety of your precious daughters!
I hope you have a funderful summer!
Love ya!
Mom :o)

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

So I sense a little sarcasm in your last post. I was going to respond to your last plea for ideas, really I was. I have just been a little distracted. And, for some reason, Bloglines hasn't been notifying of your recent posts so I have just been checking randomly and miss a few days. Anyway, ideas. Well, in our ward we formed a moms & kids lunch at the park playgroup group. Bad sentence, I know. Every Tuesday we pack a lunch and meet at different parks around town and play for an hour or so. Julie comes too. I also go to the library once a week and we check out books. Our library also offers craft & science classes. Julie & I signed up for a science class for the older kids in July. They also do story time, puppet shows, picnics and other things. Right now my kids have soccer camp and basketball camp. Lauren is going to do a volleyball camp with Julies kids and Tyler will have football camps. Swimming lessons are fun too. That's pretty much it. Julie and I keep our eyes open and let each other now if there are things to do that sound fun. We usually try to go swimming once a week during the summer too. Other than that, our trampoline and swimming pool are lifesavers. Also, our old decrepit swing is really fun. I'd tear it down in a heartbeat if the kids didn't play on it all the time. Brynnly and Lauren put on little Circus Acts for Julie and I all the time. Maybe you could look into a cheap swing set. I've seen them as cheap as $79 for a basic one. Brooklynn could swing a baby swing for hours! Well, I hope that helps. Good luck. I love you! Oh, and, I hope you weren't thinking about making any Obama Sock Monkey's! ;0)