Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday Night at the Drive-In

Last night we all piled into our minivan and headed out to Newberg to enjoy an evening at the Drive-In. Because we are incapable of coming up with our own fun ideas we totally borrowed this one from the wonderful and always fun Mark and Jerilee. The whole day had been kind of weird and I was totally back and forth about whether or not we should go but I'm so glad that we did, it was so much fun! The last time I went to the Drive-In I was in junior high and we saw a double feature of Free Willy and The Indian in the Cupboard. Yeah, it's been a while. Last night they showed Prince Caspian and Iron Man, I wasn't really dying to see either of these, but I totally liked them both! And can I just say that Caspian didn't exactly make my eyes bleed if you know what I mean. Don't worry, Jordan knows.This is the best/only picture that I got, I was hoping to be able to show you a dancing hot dog or something but not all dreams come true. This was during the little presentation about Drive-In Theaters being a dying beast, so here's where I encourage you to support your local drive in. We had so much fun! We took a bunch of pillows and blankets and it was so cozy and we didn't have to worry about the girls being noisy because we were in our own little cocoon. I would share a couple of tips with you: One, if you're planning on taking little kids and are counting on a portable DVD player to keep them occupied but you haven't used it in the car in a while, make sure it's working before you head out. Two, go ahead and give your windshield a quick cleaning, dirty can be a little distracting. Three, don't forget your sweats or pajama pants. We headed out in kind of a hurry and it wasn't until we were on our way that I realized my mistake. I was wearing jeans! So once it was dark and the movie was going I was what you might call, not wearing pants. Shhh, don't tell.

1 comment:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I won't tell a soul either!
Sounds like you really had fun! Drive-in are a dying breed. I hope your girls enjoyed the evening!
Love ya!
Mom :o)