One of LaRues favorite songs to sing is Thank You For the Music by Abba. Click here if you need a reminder of the good times. One of LaRues favorite things to do is to tell me exactly what to say/sing/yell/cry. You name the situation, and she's told me how to respond to it. Anyway, lately she's been commanding - oops - asking me to sing this song but instead of singing the words "I" and "me" she wants me to sing it with her as "we" and "us". The first time she did this I thought it was pretty cute, but she gets soooo mad when I get it wrong. Also, for the most part I don't mind switching out the words but the last line where it goesWithout a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me.
Clearly you need to end with a rhyme, 'us' ain't it and I'm not comfortable with fitting 'we' in there either. So the question is, do I sing it my way and face the wrath of the Rue? Or do I sing it hers and die a little inside?
It's possible that it's not actually that big of a deal, I'll let you know.
Also, in the last five minutes while I've been using the computer LaRue was talking to me about something and telling me exactly what to say back (see? I'm not making this up). And when I did it wrong she called me a polar bear.
2 comments:
I'm 'out of' the know on Abba, sorry. But I vote, sing it LaRue's way. If it makes her feel better, why not! Although I've been there when she tells you (and me-grandma) what to say. It's okay for a time or two and then I would suggest turning it around on her. LaRue you 'have to say' such and such...throw a tiny tantrum and then stomp off. I know, I know, behaving like a child, but you know what, sometimes that's what it takes! Give LaRue a hug for me!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
Well I suppose if the worst you might hear is "Polar Bear!" then rhyme it baby!
Post a Comment