Friday, June 27, 2008

Thanks Mom!

My mom is visiting for a few days and as previously mentioned she helped me to sew what I would call my first real grown up sewing project. I used a pattern and everything! Just using the word 'helped' seems really inadequate, she talked me through everything, was hands on with helping put things together, she pinned some, she ironed some,

and she really made me understand a lot. Thanks mom! I couldn't have done it without you.
I am so thrilled with how it turned out, and isn't mom such a cutie of a model? It's definitely not perfect and there's more than enough room for improvement with both the apron and my sewing technique, but I'm so excited to have made it successfully, and I definitely would feel comfortable trying to make another one on my own, so yay!
I already warned her about the box full of patterns that is awaiting her next visit.

2 comments:

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Those are so cute!! Good work you two. Makes me long for the freedom to escape my painting escapades and children. :0)

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Lisa, you did a wonderful job on your apron and you were a quick learner! I loved sharing the time with you and the girls!
Love ya!
Mom :o)