
Yesterday Laurie and Eliza joined us as we all went out to Silver Creek Falls to go for a hike. Although the more I think about it the more I realize what a short little loop it was that we actually explored, can I really count it as a hike? Hmmm, I'm going to say yes, I think it was as much of a hike as we could hope to take with our wee ones, plus I was wearing my exercise shoes and my feelings are as long as I'm wearing my exercise shoes whatever it is that I'm doing can count as exercise, sitting on the couch being excluded of course but strolling around a wooded area can definitely be counted as a hike.


These pictures are taken from behind the waterfall, note Matildas somber expression. The roaring of the water and the spray made her very nervous, she clung to her Daddy as tightly as she could. I was happy to see her nervous, I've never seen her have a healthy fear of anything. I guess that's not true, while she loves most dogs, my brother Davids chihuahua she finds terrifying. Go figure.

Here we are at the top of the falls, I'm counting Eliza as my stand in, she's one hundred times cuter and eight years younger so let's just pretend that that's me. We
did take a few pictures that actually had
me in them and as I reviewed them on my computer today it just really reminds me that I ought to go with that
sketch artist idea because man! These pictures of me make me want to crawl into one of the caves we passed yesterday and take occupancy as resident troll because with my mug, it's only fitting.

Despite the headache of getting out there with two girls who were sometimes less than cooperative (to put it way more than mildly) I am so glad that we went, and that Grandma and Eliza came with us. It was
so beautiful out there and fun to do something different.
2 comments:
oh Lisa, you are way to hard on your self! i always thought you were very cute, and your daughters would not be as gorgeous as they are with out your wonderful genetics! so there! proof that you do not belong in a cave or labeled a troll! by the way have i ever told you how much joy your blog brings me?!! i love it! you are such a talented writer! and your personality shines through brilliantly!
I loved the pics and blog! I wish I were closer so that 'both grandmas' could have gone! :o)
You are NOT a troll! Trolls are not in my genetics! :o)
Love ya!
Mom :o)
Post a Comment