Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not Everyones Cup of Tea

Throughout the years I've had my share of odd celebrity crushes, Jeff Goldblum was my first true love... at age 14. I know, I'm not normal, but he's another post for another time. With marriage and a slightly firmer grasp on reality, they've evolved to being less of a crush thing, and more of an "I find this person fascinating" thing. Don't worry, Jordan knows, there's Johnny Depp of course, Vincent D'Onofrio, a recent newcomer is Daniel Day-Lewis he's a total chameleon right? A long time member of this list has been Christopher Walken, he's just got moxie I tell ya, anyone who has seen this knows what I'm talking about.
He was on Saturday Night Live a few weeks ago and there was some funny stuff, some not-so-funny stuff, but the thing that made me laugh the hardest was this tiny joke, buried inside a sketch that was only okay (for me anyway, just try to get Jordan to stop talken Walken, it can't be done). Anyway, I'm not so savvy with linking and online videos so the funny part is only from 2 min. 31 sec.s into it, to 2 min. 49 sec.s. I really hope you watch it or the rest of this post won't make as much sense.
But the reason that that tickles me so is probably due in large part to this classic book which was given to me as a Christmas gift from my parents, I believe my sister Julie had some hand in the selection process.
I know, right? As you can imagine this delighted and amused us for years to come. Anyway, if we open it up to page one we find...

You're probably wondering why I'd bother sharing all of this with you. I think mainly it was really exciting to have two things that I've enjoyed so much for such a long time come together in such a harmonious way. Also, I'm a freak.

4 comments:

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Lisa, You CRACK ME UP!! Thanks for the laugh. I hope you appreciate my birthday card when you get it. :0)

Shannon said...

LOL! You know my dad would show that video clip of Christofer Walken fancing to Emmitt ever since he was a little boy (so about 3 yrs now)When I clicked on the link, I was laughing because Emmitt comes up and goes "look mom, it's Christofer dancing" That's was my dad called the video clip! lol

Shannon said...

i mean dancing!!!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I remember that book! Ha! ha! Ha!