Sunday, May 25, 2008

Open For Business

For me this year so far could be labeled The Year of the Sock Monkey. With my niece Brooklynns birthday in January I decided I'd try to make sock monkeys for most of the nieces and nephews as their birthday gift this year and with 15 kids in our combined families that fall into that category, you could say that I've made a couple of monkeys.

Here we have the Brooklynns monkey, the one that got me on this whole Monkey Makin' kick.

And these are some that I've made since.
Well, they seem to be going over pretty well, and even a little encouragement in my direction can be a dangerous thing, so I've opened my own Etsy shop. If you don't know what Etsy is, it's "an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade". There's a lot of fun and cute stuff out there and I'm throwing my monkeys into the mix.
Now don't worry, I'm not telling you about this to try and get you to buy something. I just put a lot of time and effort into these crazy little creatures and thought if you wanted to see what I've really been up to lately, you might want to pop over and take a look. Please don't look too closely, I had a really hard time writing descriptions. They still need some work, but for now spread the word, Mostly Monkeys is open for business!

5 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Hurray for Lisa! Outstanding! Your monkeys are so cute. I went to the ETSY sight and by far your monkeys are 'the cutest' ones there. I love them! I hope your business goes very well and it's a sell out! :o0
Love ya1
Mom :o)

*julie* said...

Soooooo cute!! Zack is sitting here with me and he keeps pointing out his and Brynnly's monkeys. When we jumped over to your etsy store he said, "Four super monkeys Mom!...I only got one (sigh)." Sheesh, kid, at least YOU got one ;) I'm slightly jealous. Also, we decided it's safe to say that Q probably would feel left out if he were the only one not to get one too. So if the offer is still open, thanks in advance Auntie Lisa! Congratulations on your Grand Opening!

Colburns said...

Lisa those are so cute!! I love them You are so creative looks like the next reunion I know what craft we should do with the kids!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Lisa - I LOVE THE MONKEYS!!! They are sooo adorable. I truly think they are adorable. And, I love you picutre of the faces with the Mostly Monkey's name on there. Way creative. I hope you sell a bunch. McKenna got hers this morning and LOVES it. She took it for show-n-tell for her special day item today. Good work!

Janette Reeves said...

We love your monkeys! They are really, really cute! What a grand idea! I may have to purchase a few for my girls! Vanessa is already asking me for one! Good luck!