Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day Hodge-Podge

Very first of all I would like to wish a Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful and beautiful mommies, I hope you were royally pampered and lauded over today. For my part I'm a very lucky girl, early this morning Jordan gave me a fantastic gift and and helped my girlies give me the most wonderful mothers day card a girl could ask for. It heavily featured one Miss Hello Kitty, and also provided this most magical and versatile piece of jewelery.
This will pretty much go with every outfit I wear. I cannot tell you how giddy this makes my twelve year old girl heart. I can't explain why but lately I have fallen heavily back in love with all things Hello Kitty. It may have something to do with getting older and thus longing for my youth, of which Hello Kitty was a big part. At any rate out of mondo-adoration for my beautiful card and after requesting permission and struggling with feelings of guilt and exhilaration, I have already began to harvest the card for parts and made this.The glue is literally still drying, and I am no photographer, but what I am, is totally obsessed with these bookmarks. I saw the idea of using the corners of envelopes to make page corner bookmarks a few days ago and they are all I can think about now. Just ask my mom and my mom-in-law who both got their very own, personalized corner bookmarks with their mothers day cards. I'm so geeky when I get excited about a 'craft', and let me just tell you that in conjunction with these bookmarks I have more than once said to myself 'the possibilities are endless...' and by gum, they are! Soooo, if you are one to expect a card for me anytime soon, and for any reason, I think it's pretty reasonable to expect one (or more!) of these puppies to be tucked inside, and believe me, I'll probably be thinking they're the most awesome thing I've ever made. Have I ever mentioned on here that I don't have much of a life?
Anyway, I'm totally excited to use my brand new hello kitty, glitter-licious bookmark to keep my place in the aforementioned fantastic gift that Jordan got for me.
I'm really excited to read it. I haven't heard/read a ton about it, but what I have heard/read has all been good, and I just finished what I was reading and am all set to go.
By the way, I was reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I watched the movie Stardust a few months ago on the suggestion of my dear friend Salli (not to be confused with my dear Aunt Sally because, well, I don't have one) and I LOVED it. I thought it was so good and so fun, and then of course, when I found out it was based on a book I had to read it because that's what I do for kicks. And I loved the book too. I thought it was fun and sweet, and it reads really fast, it keeps a good pace. He writes in a way that I don't come across all the time, and I find it fun. He gives his chapters really long names like In Which We Encounter Several Other Persons, Many of Them Still Alive, With an Interest in the Fate of the Fallen Star. I love when chapter titles start with 'In Which', and I'm not even kidding about that.
Alright, well I warned you that this was a hodge-podge, and I feel like I delivered. Now I'm off to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie.

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I love all your posts Lisa! You amaze me! I love you! Mom ;o)

Colburns said...

You will have to let me know how you like that book my friend lent it to me and I cannot get past chapter 2! too odd for me. Cute neck wear!