When I opened my Etsy shop, a friend and former coworker of mine contacted me about making a custom order for her. I was totally professional about it, not only did I not give her a straight yes or no, I'm pretty sure I said something awesome like 'I'm not much of a seamstress, so let me think about how I would do it for a while, and I'll let you know.' Oh and then I never mentioned it again. I'm a total pro that way.
Though I didn't mention it, I did think about it, a lot, and in my mind it was always the very next monkey on my list. Well I don't know how many monkeys later and I finally got around to him, and even got the goods to her yesterday which is a pretty big accomplishment for me. I'm so pathetic.
Anywho, here's a peek at the little guy. He was challenging to make but it was fun to stretch away from the norm. Thanks Alina!, for the business, and the challenge, I'm glad that you like him and I hope that your friend does too!


In other news, there is no other news, which is why the blog has been so quiet. Jordan is back in school which hasn't been too bad so far (I think November is going to be the month that has me locking the girls in the closet and me sobbing in the corner). Other than that we've been trying to keep the girls entertained, and I've been trying to make monkeys and work on those fall projects I'm so excited about. Hope everyones October is off to a great start!
12 comments:
I absolutely love him! He's so cute! You have awesome talent Lisa!
You should put a picture of this one on your etsy monkey page, and I am sure it will be a hit!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
I WANT THAT MONKEY!!! MY HUSBAND MUST HAVE THIS MONKEY.
YES, I'M SCREAMING.
once again thank you so much for making him for me! you really do have a talent!:)
Oh man, you're in trouble. Sure hope you plan on making more! Love it Lisa! I'd like to put myself on the waiting list please :)
Very cute you do have talent with craftiness and you are very creative.
PLEASE TELL me your going to put this on your etsy shop...please.
D that's so sweet of you. I don't have plans to make anymore before the end of the year though, my monkey makin' plate is pretty full right now. I've got a couple of custom projects to finish, a few family birthdays left and a Christmas Fair to stock up for, so I'm afraid the Etsy Shop and anymore custom orders are going to have to be put on hold until the end of the year. Since there's such a warm response, maybe I'll try to put a few Batmonkeys in the shop after the new year, and I'll give advance warning here on the blog before I do.
That is awesome!! Love the "batmonkey!" You are so creative! (have i gone overboard with the exclamation points!?!)
Super duper awesome, as always, Lisa! I feel so special to have Ike (that's the name of Kolton's monkey you made him)- but I have to say that bat monkey is pretty darn amazing!! You have always blown me away! BTW- Stampin' Up! just came out with a cute sock monkey set that would be sooo cute to advertise with! Also, have you been following ANTM??!! OOOOOH the scandal!
Thank you Lisa,
(hangs my head & crys)
Don't worry about me, I'll be OK. {sniff}
I'll wait for the warning.
sniff
that one is awesome. your so cool and busniess like. i love it.
I just realized I didn't actually post a comment. I have talked to both Mom & Julie about this amazing little guy and brainstormed how to peddle your products, and make you the sock monkey slave because I'm all about ignoring your poor family as long as you keep crankin' out the cutest dang monkey's on the planet! Can I just say, Holy Bat Monkey! This one is waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy CUTE!! Oh, and McKenna found a sock monkey costume at Target the other day. I'll have to send you the picture!
Love ya!
Post a Comment