Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's A...

GIRL!

It's hard enough to tell what these pictures are when you're looking at the actual thing, and even harder when you're looking at a scanned copy, but this is the little baby face profile. I can already tell she's totally cute.
Anyway, I'm completely thrilled, a little disappointed in the omniscience of the pencil trick, and more convinced than ever of Laurens inner eye capabilities. The next time she's in town I think she and I will take a special trip to the Powerball ticket counter.
Want to know what's less than thrilling though? At my regular appointment yesterday I was given all the preregistration paper work (with only five months to go I guess you can't be too prepared) and I've never had a baby at Kaiser before but they sound really strict and completely anti-visitor.
An example straight from the packet:
Limit visitors to the baby's father or support companion, and your children only... Ask your friends and other family members to visit you at home.

Then in all the rules about when your children do visit:
This special time for you and your children will be at its bets if this visit is kept very short.

I don't know about this, and I'm guessing if I'm not really allowed to have any visitors after the birth I'm not allowed to have more than one person with me during the birth? I like having parents there and maybe a sister or two for such a special moment. I'd totally be all about the home birth if I could get
A: an anesthesiologist to administer a home epidural, and
B: a complete medical staff to run things just as though we were at a (friendly) hospital.
Oh well, we'll see how it all plays out I guess, but for now I'm just excited to tell you that we're having another girl!


8 comments:

Jerilee E. said...

Yay for another little girl! I'm very excited for you guys and can't wait to see you in less than 2 days! Also, being the first to comment somehow makes me feel like I found out first.. which I know isn't true, but I can pretend better than most :)!!

Renman said...

Lauren will be so thrilled. Congratulations. I can't wait til she gets here. I've had two babies there and didn't have any trouble. I had quite a few visitors and didn't feel like anyone gave me the evil eye. Mom was in the delivery room with Tyler. It's been a while though obviously, so things may have changed. But I vaguely remember reading that somewhere more recently so probably with my last two. Maybe it's just hospital wishing in a perfect world, but who lives there? I wouldn't worry about it at all...what are they going to do, kick you out? Good luck with it all!! Wish I could be there. Love you tons!!!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Oops, I was logged in under Chris. That last post was me...kind of awkward if it was Chris. :0)

amanda said...

girl #3 that is great news. good for you. kids are kids and your a great mom. love the halloween banner you made your so crafty.

Janelle said...

Congrats on another girl! I will do everything in my power to never have to use the Kaiser system. I've worked in healthcare long enough to know that I have no desire to be restricted to one system. Sorry you have to deal with it.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I had a good laugh (ha, ha, ha!)with Michelle's post under Chris' name. I thought...'Hmmm, he had two babies there huh...well miracles happen everyday!' :o)
'Congratulations' on another sweet little girl! I had you three girls before the two boys came along. Maybe you'll follow the same path! :o)
Love ya!
Mom :o)

emily said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting and definitely makes shopping for the new baby easier. You will have three little lovelies. :) I'm happy for you, but now I have so much to question in my life. If the pencil can be wrong I don't know what to believe in. :)

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Oh, and by the way...I did have my boy first, but then 3 girls in a row. One reason I'm afraid of having another baby, it'd probably be another girl. But, on the upside, I love shopping for matching outfits. Poor Tyler is odd man out and never gets anything too special, he always has to work around the girls. I can't wait to find out the name...hint hint. :0)