Friday, July 25, 2008

Memory Lane

I've seen this game floating around the blogosphere lately and figured I'd finally play along too.
Memory Lane


1. Leave a comment on my blog, one memory that you and i had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory of you. It's actually pretty funny to read the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

3. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments


photo via flickr

5 comments:

alina said...

i remember when we were pregnant together at DB (you were a few months ahead of me) and me being so hopeful that i would be as cute a pregnant girl as you! and how i felt so special that you told me what you were gonna name your baby (LARUE) and nobody else! lol silly i know! but i live for little secrets like that!

Janelle said...

So I don't really know you Lisa (I think I met you at Institute once when you were visiting from Hawaii, and it as actually Rodney that you knew, and not Jordan at the time, I think), but I have lots of memories with Jordan.

1) Going to the state fair in Salem on his birthday one year with Jordan, Rodney, Aaron Fish, Scott, and Matt. I was the only girl, but we all had a ton of fun, and we took one of those old-fashioned pictures with the costumes. We also got all of us in a photo booth...sort-of. I still have all those pics somewhere.

2) Veggie Tales and Princess Bride. Need I say more?

3) Okay, so I can't really think of anything else at the moment, but there's lots there.

My blog is private, but I'll invite you guys if you want, just let me know your email address.

*julie* said...

ONE?! Are you kidding me? How the heck am I supposed to narrow them down to ONE?!
Hmm, well...
One time we were playing the Game of Life with Alycia and we made ourselves laugh so hard I'm pretty sure we all peed our pants.
One time we were at the Junks running on the treadmill (although I can't remember why I thought THAT would be fun in the first place) and being the graceful swan that I am I wiped out and was dragged for a few seconds before I thought about letting go. But if I remember right, both you and Julie peed your pants.
One time...well, I'll cut it short here, but just know the vast majority end in peed pants :)
Love you!

Lisa said...

I feel the same way Julie, how do we pick just one? But some that are jumping out at me at this moment are the time we were leaving that youth conference activity and we were both sitting in the backseat I think of the Oldsmobile (that car is a whole memory unto itself) and we got into the most vicious slapping, kicking, hair pulling fight ever! I'm pretty sure we were about 17 and 15, by the way, we should have known better. Anyway, mom kept reaching back to separate us and drifted into the oncoming traffic lane, we almost killed everybody! Ahhh, good times:)
Also I'll never forget how you rocked/forever changed my Christmas world when you came to me with Project TipToe, many subsequent memories related to that. BRGs, need I say more?
Oh, and I'm sorry to disappoint, but I wasn't there the day of the treadmill accident. You were babysitting Julie and Jen. I like to think that if I had been there I wouldn't be crazy laughing after the skin was torn painfully from your leg, but who knows? I'm sure I giggled a little bit when the TV fell on your head in the RV, but only after we were sure you were okay and you remembered your name:) Love you sis, thanks for all the memories!!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

My! My! My! Ahhh the memories! I had such perfectly behaved children! Ha! Ha! Ha! I had normal behaved children! Now you have children of your own! Try to keep that in mind the next time you're separating my grandchildren in their 'lively contentions!' :o)
Thus I have been writing 'When Grandma Was A Little Girl.' You should be writing yours down for your children! I'm sure they'd get a kick out of the above stories from Julie and Lisa! :o)
Love ya!
Mom