What I Was Doing Ten Years Ago:
Ten years ago I was sixteen which means I wasn't really doing anything interesting and certainly not dating. It would have been the summer between my Sophomore and Junior year, I don't think we went on any family trip to the mainland that year so that probably means me being with my best friend Julie Junk 24/7 and girls camp at some point. I really just can't remember anything specific about it at all. That's a little sad.
What's on my To-do list today?
- read scriptures, check
- straighten
- laundry
- dishes
- have girls make paper flowers for Joyces birthday
- Jordan and LaRue will head to the free movie and the library while Matilda and I try to straighten the girls room and put their clothes away
- visit my friend Salli
- stuff a couple of monkeys
- make dinner
- read twilight/fall in love with Edward all over again
What are 3 habits of mine?
1. Scripture Reading, I've read my scriptures every single day so far this year, one chapter from the book of mormon and one from the Old Testament, in five years I'll be able to move on to the New Testament.
2. I'll have to copy my sister Michelle on this one, excessive blog/email/dropshots checking. Anytime I have to hop on the computer for any little thing, I make my "rounds". Email, bloglines, private blogs, Etsy, Dropshots, then it's really hard for me to log off. I usually get sucked into making my rounds a few times in a row, I'm pathetic.
3. Worrying. I'm basically a nervous person and give me any seemingly innocuous situation and I'll find at least five things about it that you didn't even realize could make it so hazardous and dreadful.
Three things you might not know about me
1.I don't see how you wouldn't know this about me but I'm basically the laziest cuss of a son of a gun you'll ever meet in your life. I'm constantly asking poor Jordan, since he's up, to just do this for me, or just bring me this little thing. I'm not proud of this.
2. I have big time Social Anxiety Disorder, one facet of which is that I'm always thinking someone is mad at me for something, and maybe someone always is, but the reasons are usually pretty week. The man at the post office didn't smile hugely at me nonstop while I was at the counter, he despises me! She hasn't called me in a month (never mind that I haven't called her in two) she's mad at me! When that person said good morning just now was there a certain loathing tone to their voice? The worst though is unanswered emails, dang it, I said something in my last email that was completely, totally and horribly offensive and they never want to talk to me again! I'm way too much in my head all the time, it'd be nice to be able to take some sort of break from that.
3. I am currently missing two toenails, Jeliss? The middle toenail on each foot recently jumped ship, it's due to a new pair of running shoes. They're not to small or anything I promise, I think it's just that they fit differently from the last pair so certain adjustments (new middle toenails for instance) need to be made.
4 TV shows/Movies that I love
Ugly Betty
The Office
Gilmore Girls
Project Runway
4 Books that I love
Harry Potter Series
Twilight series
Gone with the Wind & Scarlett
Persuasion by Jane Austen
4 Jobs that I have had
Mom
Deseret Book
Sam Goody
United Cerebral Palsey Foundation, calling and asking for donations like old clothes and stuff
5 Places I have lived
Kailua, Hawaii
Oregon, City Oregon
Gladstone, Oregon
Milwaukie, Oregon
Oregon City, Oregon again
5 of my favorite foods
Super Torta steak fajita burrito
Olive Garden black tie mousse cake
kung pao chicken, the more peanuts the better
smoothies
chips and salsa
I tag
Jerilee, but I'm scared that this will make her hate me, see 3 things you might not know about me section 2, so Jerilee, no pressure.
6 comments:
Lisa I loved your post! Hmm, change your thinking to-- 'I just know everybody loves me and thinks such wonderful things about little old me! They're so sweet! :o) It really will change your outlook!
Love ya!
Mom :o)
so LISA!! i'm going to have to email you cause i think this might be long. but i finally got onto your blog and love that your doing one. i'll email you tonight at work. happy bloggin.
Obviously I will not hate you, for goodness sakes! However, as you know, I have Social Anxiety Disorder (also known as SAD) as well. So I had to let you know that I will respond to your "tagging" when Mark is home so that I can give it proper attention AND possible use two hands to type! :)
See, SAD works both ways. I can feel like I've offended someone when I don't receive an email response... or when I don't email (or respond to being tagged) in a timely manner. SAD is difficult and complicated.
I'll be sure not to leave you alone for longer than a week or so, in case you think I'm mad!
I dis on tags, but if I'd known you needed one I would have sent you 20!
How about I just ask you real questions instead?
How long have you been married and where did you grow up?
What's your favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor?
There. Go.
It's not so much that I've been dying to do a tag, but now that I have I feel like an official blogger:) I have been married for five and a half years, to him it's probably felt much much longer. I was born in Oregon, but lived in Hawaii from age five to nineteen, I really loved it for about ten of those years. And my favorites Ben and Jerry's flavor is Phish Food, no contest.
I'm right there with you on the Social Anxiety Disorder (and the laziness...poor Scott). I wish there was a way to turn that off and stop worrying about how stupid I may or may not be looking to people all the time. :(
Post a Comment