That would be me. Singing. Loudly and very enthusiastically. What I make up for in volume and enthusiasm I lack in, well let's be kind and leave it at classical training, shall we? Lately I am highly obsessed with the movie Sweeney Todd starring the impeccable Johnny Depp.
Now before you waggle your finger at me because of the R rating, Jordan and I had a feeling that we would really like it. We both enjoy most musicals and we both enjoy the Depp so we found a place online called Good Movies and we bought an 'edited similar to PG-13' version.I LOVE it! The music is SO good, the actors are SO talented. Now, I don't necessarily want to watch it everyday because it's pretty dark of course (hello, Tim Burton) but fun too, very interesting. The songs! They are so good, so I want to sing them over and over. What's awesome about me is that I only know about two lines from each one, so I just sing those two over and over and over, hence the title of this post.
Also, just because it's fun, I wanted to show you one of my favorite movie moments of all time. This is from the movie Jersey Girl. I don't really even like this movie, but I LOVE this scene. They are performing a scene from Sweeney Todd at the elementary school pageant. There's SO much to love, the little girl, her hair, Bens final pose, I could go on and on. We have this part of the movie saved to our DVR and occasionally we'll watch it because LaRue has become a big fan. Sometimes out of nowhere she'll sing "throw the old woman out!" and "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention puh-lease!" She's a bona-fide triple threat, she sings all the time, is not a bad dancer, and is a pretty good actress. For an example of her acting skills just try disciplining her and she'll put on a pretty convincing show of contrition. Of course at this point I know better, but with a fresh audience she might have more luck.
To sum up, I'm way obsessed with Sweeney Todd right now, and I'm singing it from the rafters!
1 comment:
We love it too. But we are naughty and got the original and also saw it in the theater! Joseph wants to be Sweeney Todd for Halloween (his fav holiday!) lol
Post a Comment