We had a surprise snow day yesterday!
I say it was a surprise, even though the news had been announcing it's impending arrival for days.
Well I've heard that before, so when we actually did get snow, I was surprised.
The girls were so thrilled. It may not look like much, and that's because it's not. But it was a more respectable amount than we had the last time school was canceled because of snow. It melted off pretty fast, the girls went and played in it before breakfast, and it's a good thing they did because a half hour later it was pretty much gone-zo.

Here's Adelaide, all ready (in her opinion) to go outside.
She was pretty mad at me when I didn't let her.
I say it was a surprise, even though the news had been announcing it's impending arrival for days.
Well I've heard that before, so when we actually did get snow, I was surprised.
The girls were so thrilled. It may not look like much, and that's because it's not. But it was a more respectable amount than we had the last time school was canceled because of snow. It melted off pretty fast, the girls went and played in it before breakfast, and it's a good thing they did because a half hour later it was pretty much gone-zo.
Here's Adelaide, all ready (in her opinion) to go outside.
2 comments:
How fun! I remember that crazy week the whole city of Portland pretty much shut down because of all the snow and ice. I actually slid on my feet down the hill three blocks to get to the library when it finally opened again! It's funny thinking of it now because we seriously have a foot of snow on our car this morning! I'm glad your kiddos got some time to enjoy it!
ha! I love little Adelaide's snow outfit- looks just about right. I so remember getting excited about Oregon snow. I miss snow that would come, bring a snow day and then melt away in an hour. *sigh*
-my word verification is 'going'. Are they actually supposed to use real words? ;)
Post a Comment