Today when LaRue came home from school she was really excited to fill out her Valentines cards for her classmates and then she told me (whispered actually, so keep the secret guys) that she is in love with David B.
Later she wrote this little poem for him.

I don't know if she made this up or if she was remembering it from somewhere but I think she's precious.
Also precious was that she read it to me, but before she did, she told me "I hope you don't laugh."
She's not a fan of being laughed at.
But she's super adorable.
And I hope she forgets that she wrote this for him, because I kind of don't plan on letting her give it to him.
Is that silly?
2 comments:
That is so darling! You might want to set the poem aside and then in a few days ask her if she still wants to give him the poem. She may change her mind. If you don't put the poem in there and she finds out when he opens it, she just may write him another one in school and hand it to him!:o) For a 1st rader I am very impressed with her spelling and writing skills. She takes after her mom! :o)
Have I mentioned how smart that LaRue is? :) It's still true! However, I'm not sure I would let Hali give such a note to a boy... in the 1st grade! It makes me smile that she would come up with this- that Love Note 101 class is working for her. You must update us on what happened with this...
Post a Comment