Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Know a Gal

Tomorrow night, eight o clock.
Huh?
I got Ice Capades. I know a guy.
Name that movie!

Once in a while I get to do something fun, and last night was one of those once in a whiles.
My friend Shirley scored four free tickets to Stars on Ice, and I was lucky enough to be one of the ladies she invited along for the night.
I didn't quite know what to expect, figure skating is one of the only things I catch from time to time when the Winter Olympics are on, but I didn't think it was going to be quite so awesome.
Because make no mistake. it. was. AWESOME!!!!
It was SO entertaining, the whole first portion of the show totally makes you want to get up, dance, and sing along.
It was really a fun treat, and a great girls night out.

Here come a lot of blurry pictures!

The show! Stars on Ice was put together 25 years ago by Scott Hamilton when the Ice Capades decided not to re-sign him for a third season because they didn't think there was much interest in male figure skaters.
Um, what? Don't they know that most of the people watching ice skating are FEMALES?
Anywho, Ice Capades has been shut down for many a year while Stars on Ice is still going strong. Take that, Capades!


Kurt Browning, our M.C. for the night, he was really funny and entertaining, and obviously a really great skater.


EVAN LYSACEK!!!!
That's right, THE Evan Lysacek.
He did a solo performance to Roxanne as performed in Moulin Rouge, and man oh man... it was sooo good, and I'm pretty sure he was performing it just for me.
Sorry ladies.




The fellas: Left to Right, Benjamin Agosto, he did a vampire themed performance with his partner Tanith Belbin which was fun. Twilight on Ice, I think we've got ourselves a million dollar idea here!
Michael Weiss, you can only see his back, but he had a couple of really fun, and impressive performances. And something about the way his face looked from where we were sitting reminded me of Luke from Gilmore Girls, and it's just good fun to imagine Luke doing figure skating routines. And to take this side note even further off topic, I might just have to start watching The Event now that I know he's in it. Have any of you been watching? Is it any good?
Kurt Browning
David Pelletier, he and his partner Jamie Sale were amazing! So fun to watch, and there was one move they did where she pretty much did a handstand and he held her up with one forearm. I'm not describing it impressively enough, it was like, WHAT!?!?
Todd Eldredge who was also really funny and entertaining.


This was a fun number, not that you can tell from the picture, but he's actually flying a kite there, and it was kind of beautiful.

Big group number, so fun.

Thanks for a really fun night, Shirley!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

While You Were Sleeping!

I'm totally jealous!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

WOW! Wish I were sitting there beside you! They are all great skaters and fun performers! What a fun evening for four wonderful ladies! ♥

The Polka Dot Apron said...

While you were sleeping! Best. Movie. EVER!! I love black underwears!! Anywhoooo- I am super jealous! It looks like a super good time!

Jillian said...

Rats! Everyone got it before me! Love that movie! Glad you had a good time.

Jerilee E. said...

oh, Evan! How fun- looks like one star-filled fabulous night! For the record, I totally knew the movie :). These potatoes are so creamy...

*julie* said...

Oh man, oh man, I know this one, I'm sure of it! I can just see his chubby cheeks and receding hairline...
Flashes of this movie just keep coming to me...
DAG! Blast this movie amnesia of mine! I couldn't do it. I didn't have the patience, so I had to cheat and check the comments. So sad that I can hardly remember my movie past. But now I'm recalling Julie Junk saying "I love black underwears!"
Ah, good times ;)
And thanks for the tip off about Ice Capades and their lack of good judgement. I had no idea that's how Stars on Ice came to be!
Glad you had a super entertaining/awesome/fun girls night.