Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Reckoning

(That's not really me)

Alright, I know you've been dying to know how I did.

Goal: No Peanut Butter M&Ms - FAIL! How humiliating, right? But I had some left from Sunday and at some point during the day on Monday I totally caved. At least I didn't go out and buy anymore during the week, so you know, that's something at least.

Goal: No Garden Salsa Sunchips - FAIL! DOUBLE humiliating, right? I almost can't even stand it. Last night I was wandering aimlessly through the grocery store looking for dinner with all three of my girls in tow and the only thing that sounded good to me was Garden Salsa Sunchips. Dag. I do want to point out two things here, one: I did make the girls a slightly more reasonable dinner than mine. Two: I ate WAY less of them than I usually do, so you know, that's something at least.

Goal: Run 2.5 miles, five times. - SUCCESS! I DID IT! And can I just tell you that almost everyday this week the temperature reached around 105, so I feel like it makes my other two failures slightly less embarassing. At least that's how I live with myself.

My goals for next week in case you're interested (I know nobody cares, but blogging about it really DID make me get out there and run) are...

No Peanut Butter M&Ms, there's none in the house right now, so we're off to a good start.

No Garden Salsa Sunchips, I'm going to try and do better about cooking reasonable dinners this coming week, what with it being so hot this past week I didn't want to cook anything that required more than the microwave. Hopefully this will help me avoid what happened last night.

Run 2.75 miles four times. My ultimate running goal is to get to where I can run five miles four times a week. It seems like if you can do that you're not going to be uncomfortable in any of your clothes, right? Maybe? We'll see, but I'm building slowly, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jerilee E. said...

I am still so very impressed that you run... in the HOT out of doors!! Chocolate is my weakness. I try to just not buy it- but then Mark does instead!!