Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meow.




The Present Parade continues! I made this bag for my sister in law who is a total cutie pie and had a birthday about a week ago. Let us call it The Ashley Bag in Green with Kitten Inspired Pocket, because that's the type of dorky thing I'm into. I took some help from a pattern I already have but altered the shape, size and pocket. I was so conflicted about actually sending it to her and had many internal debates about whether or not I should. I like it, though it is far from perfect, but then I kept asking myself "would I like it if I were still young and cute and had a zest for life?" I could never quite decide on that, but decided that since I made it for her I might as well send it. I had talked to Doug about some of her favorites and came away knowing that she likes the color green and also likes cats and so this was sent with total Joey-like feelings of 'cuz I know ya like rabbits, and I know ya like cheese.' which makes me feel somewhat embarrassed but what doesn't, really? Also, it's reversible, so if she doesn't like it, it's like I sent her two crappy presents. What can I say? I'm awesome that way.

4 comments:

The Polka Dot Apron said...

I think it is A for ADORABLE! :)
You are so stinkin' creative and I soooo miss your guts!
Love you!

Jerilee E. said...

ah, the Velveeta Rabbit. I love me a good Friends quote ;). I think it is super crazy cute!! I only wish I were as talented as you!!

amanda said...

you make me laugh. good luck with your goals, goals are good to have. love all your crafts.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I love that purse! I also love the one you made yourself. such a crafty seamstress!