Thursday, August 27, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

Three weeks, wow!
Thank you Mom!
Thank you Dad!
Thank you Kirsten!
Mom, thank you so much for the rescue!
Thank you for the running.
Thank you for the door chains.
Thank you for three weeks of delicious dinners.
Thank you for three weeks of delicious desserts!Thank you for the five pounds:)
Thank you for accommodating all the sewing.
Thank you for the listening and the laughing.
Thank you for the patience, with the girls and with me.
Thank you for the slip n sliding.Thank you for the laundry folding.
Thank you for the charts and the stickering.
Thank you for helping wean Tillie off the crack pacifiers.
Thank you for getting a library card and for all the books and reading.
Thank you for the diaper changing.
Thank you for the spoiling.
Thank you for the chalking.Thank you for the park.
Thank you for the closet space.
Thank you for the girls clothes.
Thank you for watching the classics with me.
Thank you for the froggie pooling.
Thank you for the invisible zipper foot and the invisible zipper foot fix and dealing with my overall invisible zipper foot meltdown.
Thank you for watching the girls generally all the time and specifially letting me have a night out with Julie.
Thank you for the scrabble slamming and the pictureking, I still stand by the one third swimming veto:)
Thank you for the puzzling.
Thank you for the girls outdoor movie night.Thank you for the Walmarting.
Thank you for the paper dolling.Thank you for the Rue placating.
Thank you for the Tillie calming.
Thank you for the Adelaide holding.
There are a million more things I could and should thank you for, but it's getting late.
Thank you thank you thank you, the past three weeks were the best I've had in a while, the perfect end to the summer. We miss you already and can't wait for Thanksgiving, enough time for you to regroup and/or recover:)?

5 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

'You're welcome', many times over! :o) We look forward to November! :o) Thank you for putting up with my 'commanding the troops' at times. Thank you for my one night melt down. (Bad pain day, arrgg! It's almost gone now, whew!)I'm glad you had a wonderful respite and have regrouped! I may even go to the library now! :o) Give the girls hugs and kisses for me! Love you forever! :o)

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Mommy, can "I" come home?

Jerilee E. said...

me too! Sounds like the best time away ever!

*julie* said...

Oh man! This is EXACTLY what I was wanting to do when I had finished my student teaching. But then I turned around and got a job instead of a vacation.
Why did I do that?!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I'm glad our kids and their children like coming home! :o)
...The door is 'aways open!' :o)