I started with a square of felt, a square of Steam-A-Seam 2 Double Stick Fusible Web, and a square of the fabric I wanted to use, cut to roughly the same size.
Following the Steam-A-Seam directions I fused the fabric to the felt. This is mainly to keep the edges from fraying. Hello thumb.

Then I traced my template onto the fabric using a water soluble fabric marker.

Cut out the shape(s).

Then I did a simple stitch around the edge of the flowers because that's what I like. I also decided to add a button to the center of these because the girl that will be wearing this headband is as cute as one. A button, that is.

Then I just sewed it onto the headband, I think the ones I've been using are by Goody, and came in a package of about five or six . I've seen people making other kinds of headbands attach their decoration to an itty bitty barrette that they would then snap on and off, making all their little embellishments interchangeable. I totally love this idea and am definitely going to do that the next time, I just don't have any teeny clips yet.
Then I traced my template onto the fabric using a water soluble fabric marker.
Cut out the shape(s).
Then I did a simple stitch around the edge of the flowers because that's what I like. I also decided to add a button to the center of these because the girl that will be wearing this headband is as cute as one. A button, that is.
Then I just sewed it onto the headband, I think the ones I've been using are by Goody, and came in a package of about five or six . I've seen people making other kinds of headbands attach their decoration to an itty bitty barrette that they would then snap on and off, making all their little embellishments interchangeable. I totally love this idea and am definitely going to do that the next time, I just don't have any teeny clips yet.
3 comments:
It's final - We're coming for Christmas! And I can't hardly wait to nibble on this cute little babe!
That ruffle-bum onesie ALMOST makes me want to have another baby.. but it would have to be a girl... and I AIN'T having any more. I can easily deal with looking at adorable baby newby in it instead! Thanks for the tutorial- I'm gonna try it!
Thank you so much for putting that on there for me. I am so going to try it. You did a great job and you are so creative. Love ya. I hope you are having fun in Washington.
Post a Comment