Monday, November 17, 2008

Reasons

Reasons a girl like me should NOT watch House:
I am freakishly paranoid/always worried, plus I spend a lot of time alone with my two girls and thus, my thoughts and overactive imagination. SO, after I watch a good ol' House episode this is the type of thing that might happen:
I get something in my eye and am immediately worried that it's some rare fungal spore which incubates the rarest possible form of some sort of disease and believe I only have hours left to live.
I feel a muscle twitch in my arm and immediately picture that fancy camera thing they do where they zoom into the muscle and blood and show, you know, things bursting, or ripping, or doing something which they really shouldn't be doing. (I hate that part of the show, by the way).
I can't get words like autoimmune and metastasized out of my head. By the way doesn't it sound like autoimmune would be a good thing? Like, yay! You're automatically immune to what would otherwise kill you! But that is not the case.
You get the idea.

Reasons I watch House anyway:
I just can't help myself, and don't really want to.

4 comments:

D said...

hahahahaha, don't go to nursing school! We call it nursing school syndrome. With every book you read you have whatever your reading about. I've had more tropical diseases than I can count. More rare and deadly bugs that I somehow overcame. I love House too. I like going in and talking about it with my Dr after each show more. We see who can come up with the right diagnosis first.
I usually beat him...because I've had it all before. :)

Jerilee E. said...

I'm totally with you on this. I love House... but I am seriously grossed out when they actually "go into the body" and show the bursting, ripping, etc. I actually said last episode that I bet they use the word 'autoimmune' every episode. Also.. it makes me a little sad that 13 is dying... and that I don't know what her name really is. Should I know that?

alina said...

i love have the same love /hate relationship with house! there are times when i am sick, and house flash backs run wild. or when my kids get a weird rash i am sure they are gonna be dead in the next few hours! but i cant help but watch it,its just to interesting not too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE House, too, but also fear I am suffering from various crazy ailments...
My real reason for commenting, though, is that I am 21 weeks pregnant and we have been talking about the name Matilda...then I happened across your blog and I am sure of it!! Your little Matilda is gorgeous!! I like Tillie, too...we can't decide on Tillie or Matti....