Saturday, November 27, 2010

Elf-ishness

I know it's hard to believe, but this is the best picture out of the five that I took.
Our poor camera is on it's last legs and can't take the twenty attempts per shot that is my usual.
Oh well.
The Newbys have a house guest from now until Christmas Eve.
She's the one behind the girls and her name is Miss Peeps.
Isn't she a cutie?
I read a post on Brassy Apple about a sweet tradition they have where a little Christmas Elf comes and stays at their house between Thanksgiving in Christmas, to keep an eye on the kids and report to Santa.
I thought it sounded like a cute idea, and what have I got to lose? Maybe the girls will get caught up in the fun and start being nice to each other.
Maybe.
I only read about it a few days ago and didn't really feel like making or finding a stuffed elf, so I improvised and printed up this little cutie. I made a few tweaks to the poem and tonight we introduced her to the girls.
I'm listening to Christmas music as I write this and Miss Peeps is watching me from across the room.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I love it!

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

That is such a clever idea! I wish I knew about this 'little elf' when you were little! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

I may steal this idea from you. Hali is very concerned with NOT being on the naughty list and is constantly worried that she is not being nice enough (which is usually true).