Also titled:
Happy Halloween!
Also Also titled:
Next Years Costumes are Going to be Store Bought All The Way!
Warning:
Boatload of pictures to follow and they're not even in any particular order.
You've been warned.
Happy Halloween!
Also Also titled:
Next Years Costumes are Going to be Store Bought All The Way!
Warning:
Boatload of pictures to follow and they're not even in any particular order.
You've been warned.
My friend Salli and I ended up going with the same theme this year, she made her sons costumes, I made my daughters costumes. I think the number of pictures I've put here is a testament to the amount of time I spent working on them. I do not expect anyone to make it through this whole thing.
Sallis son Dorian as the perfect, cutest, little Mad Hatter.
Adelaide as the Cheshire Raccoon Cat.
LaRue as Alice, enjoying some tea.
Tillie was the Queen of Hearts.
Adelaide was NOT into wearing her costume and she was NOT into holding still for picture taking, which is actually probably for the best, her costume was my least favorite of the three. She was adorable of course, although her whiskers are pretty sad because of the fight she put up when I tried to draw them on her face. Oh well.
And what is that I glimpse?
A cute little White Rabbit.
A cute little White Rabbit.
A little Flamingo/Hedgie croquet, minus one hedgie and substituting with a rock.
Oh, how I wish I had trimmed LaRues underskirt, I meant to, but completely forgot until I had her back in it the day of.
Oh, how I wish I had trimmed LaRues underskirt, I meant to, but completely forgot until I had her back in it the day of.

Gangs all here!

I just love this picture of Sallis boys.

So here's where I brag a little bit and say that I made all of the girls costumes without any patterns really. I did use the top of a dress pattern for the tops of both dresses, but other than that all I used were my mad skillz.
But drat that underskirt.
But drat that underskirt.




Sweet, sweet Ruesie.

Love it.
Salli is crazy talented yall, she just finished being the head costumeress (real word) for our Stakes production of Hello Dolly!
Crazy talented.
Salli is crazy talented yall, she just finished being the head costumeress (real word) for our Stakes production of Hello Dolly!Crazy talented.
Tillie was so adorable as the Queen of Hearts I can't even stand it.
She got to wear a bit o lipstick and she thought she was the bees knees.

She got to wear a bit o lipstick and she thought she was the bees knees.

9 comments:
Oh my goodness! I just love all those photos! That tea party was just the cutest ever! The kids are all so adorable! You and Sally should give yourselves a BIG pat on the back for outstanding costumes! ♥
Adorable! Cute theme idea and I love the costumes. You guys are so talented and the kids are SOOO CUTE! I LOVE Alice in Wonderland and I have an Alice dress I made for myself that I wear a lot for Halloween! My dress isn't nearly as cute and I don't look nearly as cute in it as LaRue does. Love all of it! I really need to up my Halloween game...you've inspired me!
Quite impressive! I love the Queen of hearts dress! The hearts on the skirt -- are they pieces, or printed on the fabric?
Thanks ladies!
Janelle, the hearts and the embellishment on the bodice are all cut pieces of some glittertastic craft foam that I found at the craft store in 8x11 sheets. Nothing says fancy like craft foam, right? :)
You are so talented I love their costumes so much!
Oh good grief! I cannot tell you how jealous this makes me...well, I could, but I'd have to use ALL CAPS to express myself ;)
The bragging rights are all yours sister! Props to Salli for going all out with you - too, too fun!
How fun and what a wonderful job you did on all there cute costumes I love them!
how did I miss this post??!!??! Stupid google reader! I kept waiting for Halloween pictures to show up- turns out they were here all along.
ALL the costumes are completely adorable and perfect! You are amazing!! LaRue is the perfect Alice... and that Queen of Hearts dress is the best costume I've ever seen! I think Adelaide's costume was so very cute- I can't believe you made it. That's a lot of Halloween work!
that was too cute. i love them all. you went above and beyond. good for you momma!
Post a Comment