I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving already. This month has FLOWN by! One reason for this is that I have spent just about every spare moment I've had crocheting to get ready for the craft fair that I do with Angie. It took me forever to decide what I was going to do, so I didn't even get started until the first of the month, but here is what I ended up with:
An army of sock monkey hats!
Now, I actually really like these hats, and I totally plan on making one for myself - uh, because I'm awesome! - but after I got them all set up like this they started to seem kind of creepy, and I actually became quite convinced that I wasn't going to sell a single one, and would have wasted my entire month of November.Luckily some people seemed to enjoy them and I sold eleven, phew!
But what I'm even more proud of, quite ridiculously proud of even, is this:
The little bags I came up with.
I geek out over the silliest things (which I know you already know) but this is such an improvement from the first year that I did this, when it didn't even occur to me to bring bags.Anyway, it was a pretty good day, it's always fun to hang out with my cousins, and I have to say, I'm glad that I can take a break from the frenetic crocheting for a while. Seriously, I've got a couple of crochet callouses on my right pinky and it ain't pretty.
Just keeping it real yall.
5 comments:
wow good job on selling eleven of them that is great, I don't think they look creepy!
Those are so darling! What an awesome job Lisa! I love those cute bags! I would not have thought to have a bag for their purchase...very clever, but then we KNOW HOW TALENTED YOU ARE!!! ♥
They are definitely not creepy- they are so very cute! Maybe a little menacing all staring at me at once like that, but I would totally wear one! You are such a talented creative Lisa. I can't believe you got all of those done in such a short time!
also, Bryn came up and saw this picture and keeps saying over and over "that's my monkey hat? that's my pink monkey hat?" So yeah, when you've forgotten how tired you are of crocheting, I may need to buy one of these from you :).
creeeeepyyy...
Just kidding, I couldn't help myself ;)
LOVE it Lisa, but I do think you're a little crazy for trying to crochet an army of monkeys. Although, now I'm wondering what was harder, the monkey hats or the sock monkeys?
Either way, you are my hero and I love you.
Post a Comment