Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Highlights, Lowlights, and Lowlifes

Just one of each actually.
Highlight: Watching Kindergarten Cop. A classic. I remember it always felt like a big deal getting to watch this as a kid because no one I knew owned a copy, so if it happened to be on television, or if somebody had rented it then it was a total score. After watching it yesterday I have to say I think that this movie really holds up. I was also really excited when watching it yesterday because, well, I'm sure that none of you would ever even think of watching The Hills, but I can't help but love to hate it and everyone on it and so I tune in weekly. Anyway, especially hated by me is a terrible girl called Lo, awesome nickname right? Anyway I can't stand her and so when I was watching Kindergarten Cop yesterday and realized that the junkie girl in the movie, Cindy, and Lo were practically identical twins it really made me happy. Not that the girl who played Cindy didn't do an incredible job, it just seemed like people thinking that would really make Lo mad because Cindy spends the better part of her on screen time wearing a terrible tiny tube top with tight, knee length denim shorts, though, for all I know and care about actually cool fashion, maybe Lo would proudly wear that any day and... no one should ever think about The Hills even this much. Moving on I would also like to confess that another Arnold movie that I can't help but love in a guilty pleasure type of way is Junior. It's actually saved on our DVR right now and I just can't bring myself to delete it. When Arnold says "My body, my choice" I am giddy with the hilarity of it all.

Lowlight: Matilda and her Nursemaids Elbow, given to her by Lowlife: Me. Sad.
I was putting Tillie down for her nap yesterday and decided to lift her into her bed by her tiny, fragile, twenty-one month old hand, and as I pulled her up I heard a definite POP! and Matilda started to cry and cry and have a sad and droopy, listless arm.
Luckily, I am tops under pressure, so I immediately started bawling, scooped her up and ran into the bedroom where Jordan (who had worked all night and had only been asleep for two hours) was sleeping and yelled "Jordan wake up! Tillie is hurt, Tillie is hurt!"
We have an adorable niece who has a shoulder which will sometimes come out of joint if lifted wrong and so we figured it was something like that, but since I had grabbed her by the hand we weren't sure if the problem were wrist, elbow or shoulder. All Tillie could tell us was "hurt" and "arm". Since I'm the one who made it happen and felt like a total monster, it's hard to say who was crying harder, Matilda or myself. So Jordan took her to the ER where they determined it was her elbow. All was fixed, including Matildas mood and she came home with four big stickers and a sad hospital bracelet on her ankle, but happy as a clam, and I will never ever pick up any child by any part of their arm ever again.
After the exhaustion from crying that hard for about a half hour straight set in, I was as crabby as a bear, just ask Jordan. Added to the fact that our house was quickly approaching Kids Are About to be Taken Away messy, it was an awesome evening of very crabby, slammy cleaning. My poor family, I don't know why they haven't kicked me out yet. Happy late Labor Day!

3 comments:

amanda said...

oh the Hills!! Heidi and spencer.That is Erics guilty secert. He thinks spencer says the dumbest things. oh shows.

bizyscissors said...

Good to hear your daughter is o.k. The ER is the worst place ever I avoid it all costs. As for the Hills I totally love that show and lo is a total snot she gives the dirtiest looks ever I think it was funny how audrina said they will never be friends I like audrina go brunettes!

Jerilee E. said...

I am so sorry about Tilla's arm! I know how freaked out we were with Hali's shoulder the first time. You know I am right there with you watching the Hills in my heart...and loathing Lo. She looked just AWFUL last week at that girl Stephanie's birthday party when she was talking to Audrina. Lastly, I've always loved Kindergarten Cop... I mean, come one.. we named our son Dominic.