Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Is The Wade Ride, Passin' You By!

This title has to do with the fact that I feel like life, not the wade ride, is passing me by. Just today I was telling Jordan that I really feel like I don't know how to live. I always seem to be waiting on something, "Once Jordan is done with school, once we own our own home I'll finally..." I'll finally what, live? My feeling is that if I can't manage it now, I won't magically know how when we reach these milestones. I feel like that blond in South Pacific (now, please keep in mind that I've never actually seen the entire movie, and haven't seen any snippets in years, so this thought is based on five minute snatches that I caught years and years ago passing through while my mom was watching it. I should probably give it a try right?) standing on the edge of that cliff yelling "LIVE...LIVE!" And I'm desperately yelling it to myself, only myself is like, "Shhh! I'm trying to watch TV!" Sigh... Not looking for any answers here, just sending it out to the void.
Somewhat in this vein, there are a few events of importance in our family life of which have all deserved their own post and picture and will not end up getting either.
CHAPTER ONE: Jordan Turned Thirty.
That's a big one! A wife should make a big deal celebration out of this one right? So of course I didn't. I gave him a present of course, but it was his Mom and Dad who made him a deliciously scrumptious dinner and even provided the cake. I'm the worst, and that goes for wife and daughter in law by the way. The night after we did go out to Red Robin, so woot, party on guys!

CHAPTER TWO: Douglas and Ashley are Married.
Yay! We went up to Washington for the open house, it turned out very nice, my mom put LOTS of work into it and it paid off. Ashley was so pretty, her dress was really cool, and they both seem very happy. It was fun to be away for a couple of days.

CHAPTER THREE: Kyle Is Home!
Welcome home Elder Newby! He served an honorable mission in Phoenix Arizona, Spanish speaking. The airport security area was filled with Newbys and Haglers and a fairly inappropriate banner ready to welcome him home!

I guess that's all for now. I've got to go read a book to LaRue, Once Upon a Potty, her choice. She is right now looking at the pictures and pointing to a picture of poop saying "Poop is yucky, I don't want to touch poop. Here it is Tillie, the yucky poop! Mom, look at the poop. Say bye poop!"

Oh yeah, and anybody who knows what movie the subject title comes from goes up five points in my estimation.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Happy birthday to Jordan! Didn't he also serve in Phoenix Arizona?

Lisa said...

Sure did!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Loved your post! You do 'LIVE'- one day at a time! Right now it's being a young mom with two 'very beautiful' daughters! You have a working/full time student husband.
So pretty much you have the kids most of the time and that is a blessing! Sometimes it may seem overwhelming, but they are very precious little girls! You are doing great! You are very creative, do fun things, read a lot, love your girls to death, and support your hubby. So you ARE LIVING! It may not seem glamorous at the moment, but all too soon, those little girls will be getting their driver's license and going out on dates! Now that's a scary thought! It will be here all too soon!
I love you!
Mom :o)