Friday, September 12, 2008

Off For A Good Cause

These two monkeys are my latest creations and, as the title of this post may lead you to believe, they are off for a good cause. In the middle of August several of the blogs that I read brought attention a darling family and a tragedy which had befallen them. Stephanie Nielson is twenty seven years old and the mother of four darling children. She and her husband Christian were in a private plane crash and are now beginning the long and serious process of recovery which is expected to produce hospital bills in the millions. Now I don't know Stephanie personally, and I wasn't even a reader of her blog before, but after several writers of blogs that I love shared their love for her unique voice I couldn't help but go and peruse her archives. To put it simply she seems lovely, spunky, fun, and devoted to her family in a beautiful and admirable way. I couldn't help but be touched by her and her sincerity, by her amazing family, and by the way that the blogging community has responded. One example is that One More Moore is organizing a benefit sale to be held on Etsy on September 23rd and 24th, and that is where the monkeys are off to. So pop on over there those two days because I am sure that there are going to be some pretty amazing items for sale, and you know, Christmas is on its way.
To get to know Stephanie, find her blog here.
To stay tuned for updates read here.
And to find ways to help click here.

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Way to go Lisa! I will definitely visit that etsy shop one of those two days to support Stephanie. In case I forget, please send me a reminder e-mail to visit on
Sept 23rd and 24th.
Love ya!
Mom :o)

Penelope said...

What a great cause! I'll have to stop by tomorrow, for sure!