Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tip Toe-ing Through the Tulips

Yesterday we decided that we were gonna just go for it, we were going to go out to the Tulip Farm. Last year the girls and I went with Laurie, Rand, Monica, Jerilee and all the kids and it was so much fun! So I thought we should go with Jordan this time so that he could enjoy it too! Well it was kind of a disaster from the get go. We just couldn't get ourselves out the door, and when we did we had to make a few stops before actually getting on our way. LaRue was bossing us around for most of the car ride convinced that we didn't know where we were going but that she totally did.
Well we finally got there (we didn't even get lost despite whatever misgivings LaRue may have had) and it wasn't even raining! We were thrilled! Never knowing what to expect from Oregons weather we had decided to just take our chances since Jordan had a free day and who knows when that will happen again, but it was rather chilly. So we took the girls over to the activities and it just seems like there was so much more for the kids to do last year. They swung on a tire swing and LaRue climbed some hay and went down a slide and that was about it. Then we went to look at the flowers. I was dressed for summer of course which means slippers, and boy was that a mistake, oh well. We took a few pictures which was difficult because of some crazy wind that was building up, see below...We had maybe been there for twenty minutes and I was like "okay, it's very pretty but it's very cold, let's go home". I'm fun like that. Luckily for me it started to rain and hail so we raced to the car and our Tulip adventure for this year came to and end. I guess it wasn't really a disaster, it was nice to get out there and everything, it's just kind of disappointing when you spend an hour and a half getting there and back and only twenty minutes 'enjoying' it. Oh well, we'll try again next year!

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I loved the pictures and your blog. My favorite picture is the one of the two girls in your picture in your blog 'plus' the one where Tillie is 'crushing?' the flower! At least giving it TLC! :o)

Shannon said...

Your girls are soo beautiful. It is hard to believe that they grow up so fast!