Monday, April 7, 2008

Awesome Finds

You've got to love Goodwill, sometimes. Sometimes of course you go and find absolutely nothing. Lately I'll go there every so often because (sometimes) they'll have some really cute socks, brand new ones in case that made anyone nervous, but I can't go without looking in their book section. Today while I was there I found a couple of pairs of socks and totally scored in the book department. Around here we love Arthur books, Berenstain Bears books, and Little Critter, I found loads of those today and at forty-nine cents a pop I can't stop myself. But I also stumbled across...Forty-nine cents y'all! Now you're probably wondering why on earth I'd be excited about this and the answer is I don't really know other than that I'm a big dork, and if I didn't get excited about the little things when on earth would I get to be excited? In those formative Judy Blume years I definitely read my share, Freckle Juice, Fudge, Double Fudge, Blubber, Forever, but somehow I never got around to reading this classic, so I'm really excited to further my Judy Blume education. Plus it probably won't take me all that long to read it which will really help me get a little ahead on my goal to read 50 books by the end of the year.
But what I'm even more excited about finding was this
I adore middle readers, they're more my maturity level than most adult fiction, and so I read this a year or two ago and I thought it was so charming! It's actually the second book about these kids, the first one is called Chasing Vermeer. I would love these books anyway, but now that I'm a mom I'm all about collecting books that I will want to read to and with my kids or just for them to read on their own sometime (which reminds me I ALSO found Ramona the Pest...score!). These books are fun and exciting and are all about thinking outside the box and not being afraid to ask questions and find things out for yourself, and they even manage to be somewhat educational on top of it all. Anyway, the copy that I found is a paperback in such nice condition and it was only ninety-nine cents!
Well I guess I'd better go read something if I'm gonna make my goal.

No comments: