Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh Judy...

Well I finished reading it and I was not disappointed. I had forgotten the preoccupation with not having boobs and hoping for your period (which I have to say feels like an accurate portrayal of the age) but it was really funny to reminisce. Also, reading this got me through one of the longest and most uncomfortable dentist appointments of my life, for which I am very grateful. As I read it though I think I did read it when I was younger, I didn't really remember anything about the story except for a certain postcard that is sent and received which reads only I GOT IT!!! And if you're wondering to what the IT could refer go back and read the second sentence of this post. But I'm pretty sure that reading this book must have been a major factor in my co-founding a club in the sixth grade with my friend Julie called C.A.G.O. (Cool Aikahi Girls Only). We made the other members pay dues... I'm not kidding, though I'm pretty sure it only happened once. The club like so many of my great ideas fizzled out pretty quickly.
So let me share with you my favorite excerpt from the entire book, these four girls are trying to think of a name for their club:
"We'll be the Four PTS's"
"What's it stand for?" Janie asked.
Nancy tossed her hair around and smiled."The Pre-Teen Sensations!"
"Hey, that's good," Gretchen said.
"I love it," Janie squealed.
We had a secret vote to pass the club name and naturally it passed. Then Nancy decided we should all have secret sensational names such as Alexandra, Veronica, Kimberly and Mavis. Nancy got to be Alexandra. I was Mavis.

Hee hee! It just tickles me, even now. Maybe we should start a club, any cool name ideas ladies? It could be a club name or just your "secret sensational" name, I think mine'll be Mildred. Well if anyone else wants to read it (and I know that now you're all dying to) I've got a copy you can borrow, aw heck you could even have it.

1 comment:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

You're too funny Lisa! I' love your blogs! I hope Julie is reading them and will 'launch' hers very soon! Okay Julie?!