Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hiking the Y!

One of the things that I really wanted to do while we were in Orem was to hike the Y. I'd never done it before and was really excited that my beautiful sisters and lovely niece Lauren were willing to meet up at six IN THE MORNING to go on this hike with me! 
 
I'll be honest, I thought it was pretty brutal. But at least I had fantastic company that I felt quite confident would revive me if I had passed out:)
We made it to the top and it was beautiful!

The way down was much easier, even though it made me feel like the most out of shape weakling, I'm so thrilled that we did it!
This whole trip was just so wonderful, I can't even express how much I love all of our Utah peeps. Thank you SO much to the Ericksons and the Wards for putting up our NOISY family for a week, and thanks so much everybody for hanging out with us, we had a blast!

In fact we may have had TOO good a time. Would now be a good time to talk about the crazy plan? Why not. We had such a good time with family that we love and miss too much and don't get to spend nearly enough time with that we decided we might as well go ahead and move to Utah already... kind of.
We packed up all of our belongings and stashed them in a storage unit and the girls and I have moved up to Mom and Dads house in Orting- which, by the way, I can't say enough about how INCREDIBLY generous and good of them to let us be here, they are too good to us.
Jordan is staying in Oregon City with his parents and is working up a storm so that we can pay off a few bills and save up some monies and then come the new year we are Utah bound! It's all very exciting and also hideously scary, but I'm really happy to be where we're at right now. Oh, and Jordan comes up for five days every other weekend to be with us, we miss him lots and that part isn't perfect, but other than that things are going great:)

2 comments:

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

This might just be my FAVORITE post ever. I think you know why!!!

*julie* said...

Good times ;-)
I can't believe it, but I've been tricked into hiking the Y yet AGAIN this month. Why do I let people do that to me?!
And I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for you guys to get here!