Wednesday, September 26, 2012

California Adventure!

 Ready for another play by play?
Well good, here we goooooo!

 Our first stop in California Adventure was Cars Land! After most of our crew bumped around on Luigis tires, we got to see Lightning himself, woohoo!

In line for Tow Maters Junkyard Jamboree, Tillie poses by the El Materdor merch.
Last summer Tillie had a crush on El Materdor.
I'm not kidding about that.

A horrible picture of the main drag of Cars Land.

In line for the Ariel ride!

The mermaid herself!

A little partyin going on Under the Sea

Ursula!

Pretty Princesses!
We were on our way to Ariels Grotto to have our lunch with the princesses!

Ariel!

Aurora!

Cinderella!

Snow White!

Jasmine!
Tillie was SO excited to meet Jasmine, in case you couldn't guess, Jasmine is Tillies favorite right now. She LOOOOOVED wearing her Jasmine costume the WHOLE day. She struck a sassy pose for all of her pictures, but if a stranger happened to tell her she looked pretty in her princess outfit she would cower behind me and suck her thumb. Silly girl.
LaRues heart just about broke because Merida wasn't there:(
Our lunch there was kind of interesting, they'd brought out some appetizers and drinks for our table, but then the restaurant was experiencing some catastrophic plumbing problems (Okay, so I don't know if they actually qualified as catastrophic, but water was coming up through the drains in the bathroom floor, and I can only assume that it was doing the same in the kitchen because after that they weren't allowed to bring food out anymore). So we still got to meet all the princesses, which was why we were all there anyway, but we didn't get to eat (so we didn't have to pay for) lunch, so I think that actually worked out pretty good:)

After that we moseyed over and met Donald!

Riding King Tritons Carousel




Woody!

Turkey leg!

Mr. Potato Head!

Ah, Mickeys Fun Wheel
 When you get in line you can pick whether you want to go in a swinging or non-swinging gondola, and for some crazy reason, we picked the swinging kind. I was definitely having second thoughts while waiting in line, and I came really close to backing out, but then I was like, pull it together Lisa, it's just a ferris wheel!

I had some regrets
It goes up so high!

The first time around, they were loading up the gondolas and the swinging was definitely not my favorite thing in the world, but it wasn't TOO bad.
See? Tillie was doing okay.

And this is Ruesie telling us that she is only this much scared.

But once they got everybody loaded up, they let 'er rip.
LaRue was not a fan.

Hali thought it was fantastic, Charity clung to the cage for dear life but didn't really make a peep. Ruesie, you might be able to tell, was screaming her guts out, as was Adelaide, I think Tillie was whimpering into my lap, and I thought it was horrible, but all I could do was laugh and pull out my camera to take pictures of LaRue in tremendous distress.
I'm a good mom.

Phineas and Ferb!
I think they had just finished up their show and were driving off here. 
I'm kind of bummed that we never got to see it. Next time we will.

Adelaide decided she was brave enough to go on the Jumping Jellyfish with Daddy.
I think she spent most of the ride saying she wanted to go home, but afterwards wanted to do it again.

Grizzly River Rapids.
Pretty much everyone LOVED this one, except for Adelaide of course. She was getting sicker as this day went on and she let us know it:)


Grandma was kind enough to take Tillie on Flicks Flyers while the rest of the group went on the Tower of Terror. I know you can't see them in this picture, but I promise they're in there:)

 Our lesson learned from Day One, we had our stroller with us from the very beginning and having to park it every so often was kind of annoying, but it did come in pretty handy, and we were not opposed to piling other kids on if they wanted a bit of a break:)

 Frozone!

Spinning ladybug ride!

Tuck and Rolls Drive em Buggies, or as Adelaide calls them, Shark Cars

Waiting for the World of Color show!

A couple of years ago I saw a video of this show on YouTube, and I thought it seemed pretty amazing and was SO excited to finally get to take the girls to see it! I feel so bad, I feel like I made the rest of the group stay late to watch this with us, and it wasn't quite the experience I'd been hoping for.
First of all, even though we got fast passes first thing in the morning, they still tell you to get there like an hour and a half early so you can get "good seats" and while you can sit around for a while, at a certain point they make everybody stand up so that they can really pack the crowd in there.
Unfortunately, once everyone is standing up it makes it pretty hard to see, and that's if you're tall. Impossible to see if you're a kid. So once the show started (And what I did get to see of the show, it did seem really cool) if you didn't have an adult per child so you could put them up on your shoulders, then they basically couldn't see anything- not very fun, it's kind of like if you don't get a front row spot, there's no point in going. Then halfway through the show Adelaide, who had been sleeping in her stroller, woke up and freaked out, so I had to walk her out anyway. Sigh.
Here's my two cents, I think they should make it a sit down on the ground show. It would be more comfortable at the end of a long day, and much easier for everyone to see the show. Anyone opposed to sitting on the ground could stand along the back.
Hear that, Disney? Problem totally solved.
Anyway, that disappointment aside, we still had a really great day and loved California Adventure!
The End of Day Two.

2 comments:

*julie* said...

Oh man, wiping tears I was laughing so hard. Poor Rue ;) Even gave Bob a good chuckle.

Jerilee E. said...

I know it shouldn't be funny, but those pictures of Ruesie still make me laugh. I sure hated that ferris wheel, too.
There are so many things we missed- I want to go back next month and see it all :).