Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rock n Roll!

After leaving Utah (sad!) but only temporarily (yay!) we headed up to Mom and Dads in Orting so that I could run the Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon!

Um, let me take a minute to tell you that my running/training this year has been abysmal and borderline nonexistent. I just keep letting myself get sidetracked and every week I find myself "starting fresh" which basically means that I'm not getting any real high mileage runs in. A few weeks back I managed a seven miler, and that's the longest run I've been able to accomplish this entire year. Oops. Oh well, Lisa as a runner is a work in major progress:)

So I went into this run undertrained but excited and ready to have a good time. Races are just so exciting, you're there with thousands of people who are happy to be there running too, there's just a great vibe, I love it! Even if I'm not good at it:/

Starting area!



You can't really read the sign on the picture but this was a row of Porta Potties on John Street.
What can I say? I'm easily amused.


The space needle!

I thought the race was really great! I only made it to mile five before the walking breaks began, but that just gave me more opportunity to appreciate my surroundings, right?
There was such a huge group, but I felt like everything went smoothly enough, the aid stations were great and the course was good. There were a couple of hills that were pretty killer, but I think I was walking them at that point so they weren't quite as horrible for yours truly:) But it was really neat to get to see the city, and running back in along the viaduct was pretty cool too. I would definitely do it again. Hopefully I'd be prepared next time:)


No comments: