Friday, September 21, 2012

Disneyland Half Marathon!!!

If you're into looking at crazy blurry, indecipherable photos, then this is the post for you!
A couple of weeks ago the Newbys and the Ericksons met up in California for pretty much the best trip ever!
It was SO much fun, but the reason we chose to go at the particular time that we did was so that Jerilee and I could run the Disneyland Half Marathon, yay!
As with the last two races I told you about, I was not quite ready for this one, though I had been doing a little better with prep and had big hopes for making it to mile eight before I would need to start taking walking breaks (well shoot, I only made it to mile six before that happened, BUT in the last two races I only made it to mile five before the walking breaks, so... progress?
Even with me being the worst runner on the planet, it was still a really fun race, you gotta love Disney races for the chance to run in a costume!!! Jerilee ran as the cutest Jesse you ever did see, and I ran as Mrs. Incredible- I won't post a picture of that here because the only one I got of myself in costume was afterward and my medals were covering my logo, and I'd already pitched my eye mask... try to contain your disappointment:)

 Anyway, here are some REALLY blurry pictures for you to enjoy!

 The starting line!

Mickeys Fun Wheel as we ran through California adventure!
(My thoughts on how fun this wheel actually was, in a post to follow)
But it is SO MUCH FUN to run through the Disney parks, I LOVE it! And hope to do many more Disney races. Again, hopefully I will be better prepared for them:)

Army Men!
SO fun to get to see the characters along the way!

Tow Mater!
We got to run right through the brand new Cars Land, which was awesome!

See?

Phineas and Ferb!
We LOVE us some Phineas and Ferb around here, so I was embarrassingly excited to see them.

Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie!

 The Mark Twain Riverboat!
YES, I have to capitalize and use exclamation points about EVERYTHING!!!!
What's the matter with you?


Thunder Mountain!


Dumbo!


The Matterhorn!

The Castle!!!

Tomorrow Land!


Space Troopers!


Small World!


Daisy Duck!


After that we were out of the parks, around mile four and a half? I thought it got a little too warm a little too early for my liking, but if I would run faster, then I wouldn't have to deal so much with that now would I? So it's my own fault.
They had lots of cheer leading squads, dance groups, and scout troops along the way to cheer us on, and at one point they had a huge car show lined up along the street. I tried to get picture of some of the sweet cars, BUT people kept getting in my way, rude right? ;) And also, is there something annoying about this picture to you?
The answer that I'm looking for here is the sun. There were a few very unfortunate stretches where we were running directly into the rising sun and it might have made me want to die. Will I NEVER prepare by wearing a pair of sunglasses? I wear them for almost every single run at home, but have yet to actually bring them to a race. I think I keep getting thrown off because whenever you leave for a race it's like five in the morning and feels like the dead of night, but you'd think I'd figure it out by now. Oh well, maybe next time.

 The goods!
Remember how Jerilee and I ran the Goofy Challenge at Disney World in January? Well if you run any Disney World race, and any Disneyland race both in the same calendar year you get a Disney Coast to Coast medal, and Jerilee and I love us some medals. These might be my favorite of all time!!!

1 comment:

*julie* said...

ALMOST makes me wish I was a runner!