Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Funny Matilda


This sweet and funny Tilla is constantly making me laugh - when she's not driving me crazy of course.

Today we were listening to Christmas music while we were in the car and towards the end of 'I'll be Home for Christmas'
Matilda said "Mom, this song makes me kind of sad".
And I'm probably ridiculous, but it just seemed like a really cute and smart thing for her to say.

A few minutes later, halfway through the next song (which song it was, I can't remember) she said "Mom, this song makes me..."
And I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear what profound thing she is going to say next, and she finishes with "tired."

During this same car ride we happened to see some ducks in the parking lot and Tillie said excitedly "Look! Ducklings!"
So I'm thinking something like 'Aw, my Matilda is so cute, and loves animals.'
And then she says "I wish we could drive over them!"
So then I'm thinking something like 'Aw, my Matilda is a little scary and doesn't really love animals.'
And then she says "I'm just kidding, I was making a duckling joke."
She's a cute little weirdo.

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Yes, she is cute and silly and funny! There's a seven year old inside that four year old body! ♥

Jillian said...

Too funny!!

Jerilee E. said...

I love this. I actually read this post to everyone at my parents house right after you posted it. It still makes me laugh... a duckling joke, heheh.