The girls and I are in Washington again visiting with Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Kirsten for about a week. Jordan came up with us the day after Thanksgiving but had to head home on Sunday to deal with things like school and work - Hah! Chump.
Aside from Adelaides double ear infections - lucky Jordan (and my mom, thanks again mom!) spent most of his only full day here at the Urgent Care clinic with our sweet little Sadelaide. So like I was saying, aside from all that, we have been having a lovely time. Grandma is so much more fun than I will ever be and has been doing something special with the girls every single day.
Yesterday and todays activities involved a lot of this:
Some of this:
But most of all this:
If you are reading this and are a brother or sister of mine, this picture might make you nervous that there may not be enough of the good stuff to go around. Based on how many "crumbs" the girls have eaten I might say it's a justified nervousness.
For those of you who aren't a brother or sister of mine and don't happen to be privy to a copy of Moms Cook Book, here's a little holiday gift from me to you.
Buck Eyes or Peanut Butter Balls
3 cups Rice krispies, lightly crushed with rolling pin
2 & 1/3 cup Chunky peanut butter (I think that mom does a mix of 2/3 chunky, 1/3 regular)
1 lb. powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
Mix together then roll into 3/4 inch balls. If it's too dry, add a little more butter or peanut butter. Refrigerate for one hour.
Melt 2 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips with 1/4 cup vegetable shortening. Dip balls into melted chocolate, place on wax paper and freeze or refrigerate.
Over the years mom has used all kinds of chips and chip combinations to cover them and has added all sorts of fun surprises to the filling, so you really can get pretty creative with it. If you make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do, they're a definite Guptill Family Christmas Staple.
And now I will leave you with two things,
One: These are some of the balls that LaRue made, and I just think they're so precious. 
And two: This Adelaide of ours seems right on the cusp of walking. She's
so cute and smart and we are in for all kinds of trouble...
5 comments:
This morning we gave Tillie one that LaRue made last night that had been dipped in chocolate. She licked all the chocolate off and then ate the peanut butter ball! I've never seen a little person that could eat so little and come out looking like she bathed in chocolate! :o) By the way, LaRue and Tillie have been stellar quality control inspectors and letting us know how well everthing tastes! :o)
Oaky, I have to be picky about this. :) but only because I live in Ohio and they make real Buckeyes here. It's a peanut butter ball if it's dipped all the way (completely coated) in chocolate. It's only a Buckeye if it's dipped only partway in. The treats are called Buckeyes because they look like the actual nut of the same name.
The nut. The candy.
Personally, I always make peanut butter balls.
Janelle, thank you for shedding some light on this for me. I've seriously always wondered why in the world they would be called buck eyes, and now I know. So I guess this info means we are definitely a peanut butter ball family, and happy to be:)!
Ack! That cutesie Adelaide makes me squeal and I'm nearly beside myself that I won't get to see her for weeks yet!
And I'll admit, I was a teensy bit nervous there might not be "enough" peanut butter balls left, but I was also very grateful to you and your girlies for doing all the work. Thanks a bunch!!!
Isn't Adelaide like.. 8 months old??? She can't walk yet! I guess Matilda walked really early, too. I don't care what you call those peanut butter balls, but I know that I want some! Looks like LaRue has got some mad peanut butter rolling skillz!
Post a Comment