Today LaRue decided that she wants to be a chef when she grows up. For practice she decided she would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Matilda. I decided to chillax for once and actually let her have at it. I think she did a pretty good job, and the way that she cut it in half is adorable to me. I ought to have her take care of lunch more often...***Or not. Now LaRue is making a sandwich for herself and I just walked into the kitchen to find her licking the knife and putting it back into the jelly jar. When I asked her if she had been doing that the whole time she said "Yes! Every little spot that gets on it, I lick it off!"
Oy.
Also, Tillie and I made cookies today while LaRue was at school and Adelaide was napping. She was just very sweet and it was a really special afternoon together for me.

In case you didn't know it, I really really really love these girls.
3 comments:
That was so sweet! Yes, I love those 3 little girls too! :o) and...'Bravo Lisa' for allowing LaRue to help and Tillie to make cookies with you! Just remember they are building memories too! ;o)
Having my older kids do stuff has been my new 'lifesaver'. They get cereal for the younger kids, get Brandon out of bed, get him milk in his sippy cup, make sandwiches. However, I let Sage make her own sandwich the other day. I left the kitchen for a few minutes and when I came back she had nicely put peanut butter all over the bread... and had nicely smoothed her hair into the sandwich, too. It was great.
what a big helper. its nice when they do can make things by themselves. the biggest for me, emma being able to pour her own bowl of cereal.. that is heaven!
Post a Comment