Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can't. Hold. On. Much. Longer!

I was driving to pick LaRue up from school the other day and managed to really tick off a pedestrian. It was completely unintentional, and done without any guile, but as I continued on my way, I realized that this little incident only added to my feeling flustered, harried, and maybe even a little bit crazed. I kind of had to stop and take stock mentally about why I felt that way. I wasn't running late or anything, I had left home in a perfectly fine mood. Tillie was riding in the back but she was being nice and quiet, so why was I feeling so frazzled?
Then it hit me. The reason that Tillie was riding so nicely in the back and the reason for my feeling this way were one and the same.We have been listening to this CD every single time we get in the car with either of the girls for weeks now. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Alvin, Simon and Theodore but there is only so much a woman can take, am I right!? Not to mention the fact that two of the tracks on this ten track CD are scratched. You'd be amazed at how quickly the Chipmunks can burn through eight peppy Christmas songs... over... and over... and over... Plus, when we put our foot down and refuse to play it for them, the girls put up such a fuss that it's hard to say which is less pleasant at this point. Sigh.
So, though I don't wish to rush the holidays in any way, one thing that will have me feeling pretty giddy come Boxing Day is packing this baby away until next Thanksgiving. Serenity now...
**No pedestrians were harmed in the making of this post**

1 comment:

Jerilee E. said...

Ha! This shows that you are a good, nice mom. I would never have turned that CD on for my kids to listen to in the first place :). Me=mean- you=nice. I also think it's good to tick of pedestrians once in a while. Makes us all more aware of what's going on around us, don't you think?