This is me.
On another note, what do you guys feed your kids for lunch? I'm in such a not-wanting-to-cook-a-dang-thing-and-can't-think-of-anything-to-make-even-if-I-wanted-to type of funk and the girls "lunches" have gotten seriously depressing. So what are your go to, little kid, easy (fingers crossed) lunches?

6 comments:
Hi! I found your blog from Janelle's. I'm in the same lunchy boat as you. My staples are quesadillas, chili-mac, chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, grilled cheese and PB & J. Sad, sad, sad.
I don't have any good advice because I'm not there with Julie yet, but I can recommend this website for lots of everyday type stuff, If you look through the history, you will find some stuff about lunches.
Everyday Food Storage
oh my kids love Campbells chicken noodle soup, tortilla chips with shredded melted cheese, "mish mosh" which is a mix of crackers,cereal,peanuts and if they are lucky raisins and chocolate chips. they also love apple slices with a blob of peanut butter to dip.
I'm sort of in a lunch rut myself these days. My best lunch friend lately has been the tortilla. I've been making cheese quesadillas in microwave and then sour cream or salsa for dipping, refried beans and cheese spread on a tortilla and then rolled burrito or taquito like, tortilla sandwich rollups with sliced cheese, deli ham, lettuce and cream cheese or mustard or something layered on a tortilla then rolled up and cut like sushi circles or tortilla pizzas made in the oven, microwave or toaster oven (with premade pizza sauce or crushed tomato, shredded cheese and assorted toppings). I think I need a new lunch medium other than the tortilla.
My boys love "CRAZY NOODLES" which are actually just Ramen Noodles drained with 1/2 the seasoning pack added and some margarine. They think it's hilarious because they are so wiggly...
Also, soup is a big one...especially letting them pick it!
Lipton Pasta or Rice sides...
Then all the things previously mentioned...I sometimes do what we call "Cold Plate Day" which means 3 or 4 things...like a cereal bar, wheat thins, and fruit...
My kids have also been loving tortillas recently. We have been doing a lot of Pizza Quesadillas- the Costco uncooked tortillas, cheese and pepperoni. These are really fast and even Bryn will eat them. They love refried beans, so we do chips with refried beans, cheese and sour cream. They also like oatmeal and eggs... but not together :). My kids love Mac & Cheese, too... so I often get in a rut of alternating between that and sandwiches.
Post a Comment