Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Guess She Was Feeling A Bit Peckish

At JoAnns this year they've had these sparkly birds and for some reason I just couldn't help myself. I think we've got about eight nesting comfortably throughout our Christmas tree.
Matilda of course can't leave the tree or any of the ornaments on it alone, so at this point it's basically only decorated from halfway on up. Since our tree is set up in an alcovey area behind our couch it's pretty easy to ignore her when she's rustling around back there. All of our favorite and/or fragile ornaments are out of her reach right? Well the other night she came out from behind there coughing a bit and spitting something out of her mouth and when we investigated we stumbled across this massacre.She's a wicked little beastie.

6 comments:

emily said...

A moment of silence for those poor little birds. Just ghastly!!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I thought only Sylvester the cat tried to eat Tweetie Bird?!! My goodness Tillie! I hope she was alright, just a bit 'down' in the mouth! Ho! Ho! Ho! Truly, It would be awful if she were injured! I'm sure the bird felt no pain! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

Hah! That gave me quite a good laugh! Thank you for posting that- and thank Matilda for making my morning! That is just too funny. They do look delicious, don't they?

Kenner Family said...

But they were so sparkly and pretty.

amanda said...

i laughed so hard at wicked little beastie comment because it is so true. hey could you email your address so i make sure i have the right one. thanks

Scott and Jillian said...

That's awesome! The bottom half of our tree looks pretty barren, as well. No bird feasts, though.