When I was pregnant with LaRue, I was really hoping, and somewhat expecting to be, so I took one of the early tests and we knew from VERY early on that we were pregnant, and we told people very early on (that same day we found out) that we were pregnant. Aside from some less than ideal insurance situations the pregnancy was as perfect as you could hope for. So the next time we were pregnant we told, lots of people, pretty early on as well. So when we found out at about two months that it was a molar pregnancy, I was completely devastated. My way of handling it was to make Jordan explain it to everyone, and also to tell them that under no circumstances were they to mention it to me.
Now that so much time has passed, and we have since had Matilda it's obviously much less painful to think about, but it has left a definite mark. All through Matildas pregnancy (which was equally as perfect as LaRues) and so far with this one I'm an odd feeling combination of completely excited and happy mixed with anxiety and not wanting to count my chickens before they hatch.
BUT, I'm about three months along at this point, and just had an appointment today, heard the heartbeat and all seems well. I should even be having my ultrasound in the next four weeks, which I'm very excited for. We basically have the names all set either way, so we're just excited to find out who we're expecting. We won't share the name until he or she is born (this is because we think Jerilee and Mark are the coolest and we have to do everything that they do), so don't bother asking, but we'll definitely let you know boy or girl so stay tuned.
I have some very scientific reasons for thinking it's probably a boy (Jordans dearest wish) and they are as follows...
1. It just seems kind of inevitable doesn't it?
2. When we were kids, my mom would do this old wifey test with a threaded needle and a pencil to determine how many kids you would have and what genders they would be and mine always, always said two boys and two girls.
3. I am having way more skin issues this time around than with either of my previous pregnancies. It's not pretty.
Do you guys have any guesses? Oh and Michelle, ask Lauren for me would you?
Here is a picture of the tiniest little peanut. The picture is pretty old, comparatively speaking, so he or she should be a bit bigger at this point. Somewhere around three and a half inches long.Am I the biggest dork in the world to be so excited to put up the floating baby widget? Because I am. Very excited. Even though they are sometimes a little bit creepy. In a cute way of course.
9 comments:
Congratulations! I don't think you're a dork about the floating baby widget. The thing that creeps me out about them, though, is that the baby doesn't really grow. With 1 day left, it's still floating around and bonking its head on the uterine walls all the time.
So here's the theory method I've heard for determining the baby's sex. "Boy sperm" live shorter lives and move faster. "Girl sperm" live longer and move slower. So if you know when you ovulated, count backward to when you last had sex. If it's only 1 or 2 days, it's more like that a "boy sperm" got through. If it's more like 3, 4, or 5 days, it's more likely a "girl sperm." This isn't proven, it's just theory, but it was right on for me!
Congratulations! That is so exciting!! With Anna I was convinced she was a girl because I did the pencil thing too and it always said boy, girl, boy, boy. Plus the pregnancy felt a lot different than the first one. So I'm guessing BOY for you, since you have some different pregnancy "symptoms"...and the pencil thing wouldn't lie to us, would it? Congrats again. I can't wait to hear what you are having.
Congratulations and hope you have a comfortable pregnancy.Can't wait to hear the names.
I am so unbelievably excited for you. I don't know whether or not to tell you, but Lauren thinks you are having another girl and just doesn't think it will be a boy, but she is sorry. However, she is a bit rusty. It's been a while since she has had to predict. Good luck and I can't wait to find out!! Loves.
YAY! for Lisa! how exciting for you guys! i think its a boy too! but i have kind of been off my game of late so... ?!? but yay! none the less! :)
Yay for more Newby babies!! I'm hoping you are having a boy so Brandon will have a boy cousin his age. I'm just so excited for you guys!
Thanks for all the well wishes guys! We're very excited! Michelle, Jordan is so hoping for a boy, I really wouldn't mind another little girl, so Lauren gives me hope:) And Emily, I'm so glad I'm not alone in the divining powers of the pencil category. Either way, I REALLY can't wait to find out!
Congrats on another baby! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to join the baby having club hopefully someday soon! Congrats again!
WHAT?!?! I'm shocked I didn't hear about this through the grapevine first! Wait, what am I saying? I'm at the end of the grapevine anyway. So I guess I should be glad I actually heard it from you, albeit via bloglines...but CONGRATS sista! That's so great and I'm so happy for you and your growing family, boy OR girl Newby ;)
Post a Comment