I don't know how it happened exactly, but suddenly LaRue is six.
To commemorate this special occasion we celebrated with a two day extravaganza!
Since her birthday was actually on Saturday, we celebrated her birthday at school on Friday.
Here she is before school, wearing her special birthday outfit.
I made her that skirt without a tutorial or pattern, so taking that into account, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.And LaRue loves it, which makes me happy.
We brought cupcakes to school to share with her classmates. Yum.
After school Emma, LaRues bestie who happens to have the SAME birthday, came over and we headed to Chuck E. Cheese. Yipes!
We do not know the girl on LaRues left, but that's the power of Chuck E. Cheese, turning strangers into friends.
That and making your hair and clothes smell like really bad pizza for the rest of the night.
Here Tillie plays with another stranger/friend.
Thanks to me forgetting to check the cameras batteries, I failed to get a good picture of the group.
Enter sketching machine.
Nope, it wasn't easy strong arming them all into position - literally - but luckily they found it pretty hilarious.
Just look at those cutie pies.
Adelaide had a good time too, the merry go round was her favorite, which of course I couldn't get a picture of.
Sad.
Also sad was when she tried squeezing out through the back of the high chair and she got totally wedged in splits position.
NOT the easiest thing to get a strong and upset one year old freed from.
But overall a good time was had by all, and then Emma got to spend the night!
So LaRues birthday got off to a pretty good start.
Since her birthday was actually on Saturday, we celebrated her birthday at school on Friday.
I made her that skirt without a tutorial or pattern, so taking that into account, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.And LaRue loves it, which makes me happy.
After school Emma, LaRues bestie who happens to have the SAME birthday, came over and we headed to Chuck E. Cheese. Yipes!
That and making your hair and clothes smell like really bad pizza for the rest of the night.
Thanks to me forgetting to check the cameras batteries, I failed to get a good picture of the group.
Enter sketching machine.
Nope, it wasn't easy strong arming them all into position - literally - but luckily they found it pretty hilarious.Just look at those cutie pies.
Sad.
Also sad was when she tried squeezing out through the back of the high chair and she got totally wedged in splits position.
NOT the easiest thing to get a strong and upset one year old freed from.
But overall a good time was had by all, and then Emma got to spend the night!
So LaRues birthday got off to a pretty good start.
2 comments:
Loved the post! That outfit is darling! Look at you miss smarty, no pattern! I love the colors! Poor Adelaide, that would have been some picture with her in the splits! :o/ The photo op was darling! You should make a postcard of that! ♥
Her birthday outfit is SO cute!! You did a great job on that skirt- and she looks so happy in it! I'm sad we missed all the fun... and that I am incapable of mailing things. I have now decided to just bring both of your gifts when we come to Oregon. How's that for awful?
Post a Comment