Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good Thing I Wasn't in a Hurry...

Dear Toys R Us Cash Register Man,

Thank you for coming in to work today even though you are clearly dying of a cold, but...

No, I do not want batteries with this purchase, especially since nothing I am buying today even needs batteries. Thanks for asking though.

No, I'm not a member of your special club, nor do I want to be. Yes, I get that it's free. Thanks for asking though.

No, I do not want to spend half the cost of the scooter that I'm buying on a warranty for it in case it breaks. Actually, I want to hope that the scooter that I haven't even paid for yet, might just be a quality product that won't break five minutes out of the box. Thanks for asking though.

No, I do not want to make a charitable donation, who am I, a Rockefeller? In fact, after I'm done with this shopping trip, I'll probably be needing a charitable donation. Thanks for asking though.

No, I do not want a gift receipt - that one actually didn't bother me.

Sincerely, Lisa.


Who knew shopping for Rues birthday would turn into a game of twenty questions?
And I swear, if I catch that mans cold, heads are gonna roll!

1 comment:

Jerilee E. said...

It has ALWAYS bugged me that they ask if I need batteries EVERY time I buy something there.
They also ask for your phone number- so add that to your list :).
They didn't make us ask all that stuff when I worked there... oh so long ago.
My word verification is 'ingrator' which sounds like a good name for your annoying Toys R Us cashier.