Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lisa it's Your Birthday, Happy Birthday Lisa!

Let me just tell you that I had the Best. Birthday. Ever.
I help out in LaRues class on Thursdays, so since it was my birthday I brought in cookies for the kids, they sang Happy Birthday to me and I got a sweet cupcake birthday girl name tag. Fun!
Also, Oprah! Eclipse! I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.
And as if it could get any better than that, that night I went downtown with some of my favorite girls of all time and we sang ourselves some karaoke.
Oh yes I did, George!
We went to this place called VoiceBox where they have private party rooms (I'm not big on singing in front of people, let alone strangers). It was SOOOOO much fun. I'm not going to be getting a record deal anytime soon or anything like that, and I swear I sound so much better in my car, but I might just have to throw myself the same exact party next year. If any of you are gonna be in town you'll just have to come!

I love these ladies!

And thank you so much to everyone for all the birthday love, 28 is off to a great start!

4 comments:

*julie* said...

You are gorgeous sister! Happy Birthday - you'll be getting your gift with LaRue's ;)

emily said...

Yea!! Happy Birthday! It sounds so fun. I love doing Karaoke (as long as its the private party room way) and how fun to have a girls night out! Woohoo!!

Jerilee E. said...

I've done that before... it's the ONLY way I will do karaoke. Except in primary, where I do it every Sunday ;).
I have a card for you. It was so nicely tucked next to the seat in my car... with a bill I was supposed to mail. I'm lame-o.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

What a wonderful celebration! I'm so glad you had sooo much fun! You certainly deserve it! By the way, since I'm just reading this 5-21-10, I am so glad I had you 28 years ago! You are so special! :o)