Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Adelaide is One Year Old! and then some.

Adelaide had her first birthday!
Last Friday.
Technical difficulties with our old computer - don't even get me started - made it impossible for me to post about it until now.
So, here we go!
Seeing as how I had put everything off until the last possible minute, I spent the entire morning running errands, and the entire afternoon sewing a birthday banner that I hadn't started until the day before.
Good job, Lisa.
But that evening we took the birthday girl and all our party supplies over to Grandma and Grandpas house and had a nice little celebration of our Adelaide.
Now, here's just a little reminder of our sweet precious baby and what she looked like one year ago today, er, friday.Awwwwww.

And here's our Adelaide on her big day:I know, this picture isn't the best, but it's the only one I got of her in her party/Easter dress and her birthday crown.

Here are the banners I made, you can't really read them - awesome - but they say happy birthday adelaide. I'm pretty innovative that way.


So, sometimes maybe you think to yourself, "I won't really have the time or the will to make a cake today, I'll just stop by Haggens and pick up some pink cupcakes."
Maybe you leave this to your last errand on the morning of her birthday, and maybe you should put more thought into something like this and pre-order the pink cupcakes because you'll find that all you're left with is white and brown cupcakes with all sorts of crazy rings stuck on top, half of which are very boy-ish.
So then maybe you race over to Joanns, pick up a cupcake stand and a pack of birthday girl scrapbooking sticky chipboard whozywhatsits, tape them to toothpicks, jab them in the cupcakes and call it good.
I mean, I've heard that happens to some people.

Cake time for baby!Squish.

Yum.

Big girl spoon.


So Adelaide, did you have a fun birthday?
I'll take that as a yes.

Thank you to everyone who thought of Adelaide on her birthday! I can't believe it's already been a whole year, time flies when you've got the worlds cutest chubsie.

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Very cute and chubby birthday princess! Loved the banner! My favorite picture is the last one. It's like she's 'very happy and satisfied' that she ate the whole thing!!! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

oh yes, that last picture is my favorite! I'm so sad and sorry I missed her birthday! She is just the cutest thing ever and I'm sad that I don't get to see her more... my own fault, I know ;).
I love the banner! I have been meaning to try and make one for a while now... but haven't done so. That happens to me a lot.

*julie* said...

YES! Cutest chubsie in the WORLD!!!
Now that my own 2 chubs are grown and not so rolypoly, the title is available - wink, wink.
What kind of mother would I be if I DIDN'T say that?
Fabulous improv with the cupcakes Lisa! Love the banner - please post a tutorial, pretty please!
See you soon!