Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bright Lights, Big City.

This morning I woke up so excited because I knew that in just a few hours I would be going here:

I thought that I was being rather brave because Powells City of Books is located in downtown Portland, aka: the big city, and if you can believe it folks, I was going alone.

I haven't driven myself around downtown since before I was married so it's been seven years at least! And to be honest, the whole thing makes me kind of nervous, but then again what doesn't? So I set off on my way thinking perhaps I had built the whole thing up in my mind. Boy, was I wrong! The drive was about as bad as it could get, much more frustrating than I had thought it would be; and all the traffic, construction, and getting lost turned me into this:I'll never get those years back!

Although, since I made a whole extra trip and back over the bridge I got to see this twice:
So, bonus?

Eventually I did make it though and got to see plenty of this:Which, of course, made it all worth it.
And I guess next time I will know the way that much better.
Or I'll make you drive me, what do you think?


*Just so you know, not a single one of these pictures was taken by me. Thank you google images for documenting my day much better than I could have.

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I've been to downtown Portland and yes it's a maize and amazing you didn't get lost! But did you get any books??? ♥

*julie* said...

I, too, am curious...did you get any books after all that trouble?!
You WERE just telling me you hate to buy/commit if you're not sure you're going to LOVE it!

Jerilee E. said...

I am so impressed that you drove down there alone!! I worked downtown for about a year right before Dominic was born. I got the place pretty figured out back then. However, I tried to find someplace down there a few years back and it didn't work out well. I'm pretty sure they move the streets around every few weeks... and there is ALWAYS construction.